Off Topic Playground

Carefully, lol. maybe mix it with a little white spirit or turps, and paint that on in small amounts. Once it dries, you can knock it back with a clean dry brush, if there's too much just use a clean brush in the white spirit to take some of the powder off.

The solvent you use for oil paint. white spirit, or turpentine, or thinners, whatever its called. Art stores will have it in varying sizes of bucket, lol

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

I do so love to keep busy though. Not sure Shine was impressed when he asked when next game night was, and I said late January...

Well, it's something to try at least. Now to figure out a new method of painting bone, cause I don't have the paints anymore for my old recipe...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

...Chris...I understand one word in five of that.

Sorry, cleaning my rifle. I've had a devil of a time finding something to fit down my barrel and clean it. I even went and bought a metal bore cleaner that claims it fits all caliburs . It lied. It doesn't even come close to making it down the barrel!

Clp is a lubricant and cleaner for firearms. I hope you know what a scope is. :P

I went and took a peak at your death marshal, not bad! I definitely agree with whoever suggested bringing your flames down into the skull a bit and adding a transition, its a bit abrupt as is. Could flow much better if you bring some purple down into the rest of it too. The muted glow effect that was mentioned, for example. Over all though, quite liked it. :)

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Lol yay mako!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Hi redd. :3

Eh, you can dab it on with a dry brush and then use a clean dry brush to get it off the bits you don't want to cover. I just preferred doing it that way as it was easier to control and didn't generate as much flying powder.

Ever try applying it with a wet brush? Granted, I haven't used it in years and that was when we just used powdered chalk. I remember getting some cool rust effects with a damp brush or "dry brushing" it onto areas that should be dirty. Finish up, blow hard on it like you would with freshly glued static grass, and hit it with a very fine layer or two of spray varnish to set it in place. Do current commercial weathering powders work the same way? Or are there different tricks to them?

I haven't used them in years because I have gotten to the point that, if I want it rusty or dirty, I just paint the effect on. But if weathering powders are easier than chalk dust I may give them a try.

There's no warning either here - one second fine, then an flash of lightning, one peal of thunder, and the air turns to liquid. Back home, you get a 5 minute buildup to warn you to get out of the way.

Course, the storms here burn out in short time. Back home they could settle in for an afternoon of hammering the countryside. Storms here try too hard, that's their trouble. lol