Off Topic Playground

L&O:UK was kind of... funny? It was just British Law and Order... the detectives were... very serious... and the order was... well... official (robes and wigs and such).... *shrugs* it made me chukle, because I knew there was a least a little truth to it :)

It sounds pretty much like every legal programme in the UK then. Yes our judges wear wigs, and the barristers do too...well, in the high courts anyway.

And our detectives are always serious.....

I don't think it was meant to be intentionally funny though! ;)

I sometimes wonder exactly what portrayal of Uk life these programmes are giving.... :)

Just don't watch Eastenders...you'll think we all speak funny and are permanently depressed...

L&O:UK was kind of... funny? It was just British Law and Order... the detectives were... very serious... and the order was... well... official (robes and wigs and such).... *shrugs* it made me chukle, because I knew there was a least a little truth to it :)

It's pretty accurate, from what I know of English law (which is not a lot, I'm a 'good boy:angel:')

@L&O UK: Its not a bad show... I've seen an episode or two here and there. It is basically just another L&O but the wiggs and what not do make it more amusing. Not to mock tradition or anything, but I can't help but laugh a bit at the wigs and the detectives heh.

*Eyes the evil teddy bear as it jumps down and wanders around with the cloth over it's head*

Hmmmm don't know... I think it's confused right now..

lol! So do you watch a lot of Uk shows then?

Not being bigheaded, but I do think we produce some damn fine programmes!

There are some gems here and there ;)

I used to watch some of the detective shows personally, and Ramsey's shows (he makes me laugh and the Kitchen Nightmares is just generally interesting for the first half hour of it). Well and of course Dr. Who.

I need to watch those as well

I only watched the first two series of Skins....couldn't get into the next lot, I think its a case of flogging a dead horse. The series is good for a couple of seasons but end it there....

Misfits...is a fantastic programme about supes. If you can get past the bad language and sex stuff (but which is necessary for the characters) it is hilarious and regularly has me in stitches. Watching series 2 at the moment.

Being Human is a brilliant take on the werewolf/vampire genre. Dark, gory yet also funny with it.

don't watch much UK programming... But we watching *mutters something* and then LO:UK came on... it was the vernacular I was curious about... The vocabulary...

Heh, What were you watching? you can admit it!

If you love the vocabularly, then you should also check out 'Inspector Morse' and 'Lewis' for some good old fashioned detective action.

And the period dramas..classics!

So you are a big fan of the english language and accent then Fell?

#puts on posh english accent to impress ;) #

Edited by Absolution Black

don't watch much UK programming... But we watching *mutters something* and then LO:UK came on... it was the vernacular I was curious about... The vocabulary...

*leans in closer as you mutter*

Watching what? =)

Would figure the vernacular/vocab would interest you heh. ;)

*Raises a brow*

Since when have you been British ;D *Snickers*

The accent I wish I could perfect is Irish/Scottish. At times I can do it decently well especially when hanging out with my friends who have them.

If you love the vocabularly, then you should also check out 'Inspector Morse' and 'Lewis' for some good old fashioned detective action.

And the period dramas..classics!

So you are a big fan of the english language and accent then Fell?

Perhapes we should try rhyming English to really confuse the yanks, AB's

Isn't it called "The Queen's English"? Or is that just an American thing... over here I hear the UK English referred to as "The Queen's English" a lot.

Oh and Teddy lives! *waves to the Sketch and offers fist-bump*

I am a sucker for UK accents... for the most part... *sighs over Abs*

Some of the terms that are used in the UK vs what is used in the US seem more... intelligent? *shrugs* I'm sure that are some people who sound like a horses ass, as I'm sure there are smart sounding Americans... but *shrugs*

*Raises a brow*

Since when have you been British ;D *Snickers*

Cheeky Neph! Although i am welsh, and we don't necessarily like to be associated with the English (Land stealing buggers! ;)) I can do very posh accents....

Misfits hasn't... But I watched it. ;)

Did you like it? Did you watch it online? Or DVD?

Get up them apples & Pears, You're Brahms & List .

Morning (or afternoon!) to all!

Oooh, seems as though you've had an eventful morning. Here Karn, let me help you with something...

*licks hand, and then smooths down some hair on Karn's head which is still sticking up from the static shocking earlier*

There you go. :)

Did you all figure out if we have two teddies running around now, or was it just Sketch being silly? If it really is a second teddy, and somebody needs protecting, I think a little Immolation spell ought to do the trick.

I mean...uh....spells? No, I don't know anything about spells or magic. Just...uh....I have some lighter fluid and matches in my siege tank. Yeah, that's it. I could go...get...those....if necessary, that is...

Oh, and in other news....I DID get a chance to paint some this weekend, whew! Got 3 models done (well, to be fair, they were all about half-way done already). But still, felt nice to finish them up. Finished up Alyce, a Waif, and my Canine Remains. Will post some pics, maybe tonight.

Oh, and oddly enough, Wyrd forums are NOT blocked at my office this morning. The 3rd party service our network team uses to determine blocked sites is strange...

Isn't it called "The Queen's English"? Or is that just an American thing... over here I hear the UK English referred to as "The Queen's English" a lot.

Yup, Queens english is the well spoken sort, like in the period dramas. You don't really hear it spoken like that on the streets lol! Thankfully i can perfect both!

I am a sucker for UK accents... for the most part... *sighs over Abs*

Some of the terms that are used in the UK vs what is used in the US seem more... intelligent? *shrugs* I'm sure that are some people who sound like a horses ass, as I'm sure there are smart sounding Americans... but *shrugs*

Well, I can do Queens English, Welsh, Irish to an extent, scouser (someone from liverpool..think beatles), And cockney!

I will agree to an extent. I think we tend to use bigger words for things in the Uk, and even when we don't have to! But come to Wrexham on a friday night and you will hear some 'horses asses' !!

Love(d) it! I watched it online. And I'm sad that a certain cast member is leaving the show for season 3... :(

ha the bear knows more than i do!! I haven't heard any rumours etc, but then I watch shows but don't follow things online that much....

Tell me who? If its Nathan, then the series won't be the same....