Off Topic Playground

Ugh, SA. It's surprisingly informative and interesting, but my jerk filtration system can only handle so much. It seems to be a requirement that you have to write in a style that assumes everyone else is a drooling idiot, and remind them of such periodically.

I mean, I know I can be an arrogant jerk sometimes, but I at least try to be nice first.

I've been looking at The Misery Index, which is a series of games that put the players in horrible situations and ask how they'd handle them. There's merit in getting people to confront uncomfortable issues, but that has to be done very carefully, and this project seems like it might be a good way of doing that.

Also looking at King's Forge (a good dice game), Biome Blox (mentioned it before- Lego-style terrain for wargamers), and Tessen (fast-play card game made by folks living here in Nashville- we have a thing about supporting local businesses and such).

Misery Index is the game I was referring to actually. It seems quite the opposite to me. It puts you in the mindset of a violent rapist yet manages to give little choice outside of that, you have to do the rape, its a game mechanic, and simply an awful one.

The Rape Scene

After each movement on the board, the player of the Sword

will check to see if there is a collision (i.e. if the players of the

Thief and the Sorceress have landed on the same space).

If this happens, the Rape Scene occurs.

The Rape Scene is framed by the Thief’s player, who will, with

the help of the Sword’s player, narrate what happens.

The

two players should come to an agreement as far as the

fiction.

The player of the Sorceress can, at any time, throw in

details, but any of their additions are at the mercy of the

Thief’s and the Sword’s players.

The Sword should somehow be involved in the actual rape,

whether it is used as a literal tool, or uses it's psychic abilities

to make the situation more painful for the Sorceress.

As for SA: depends on what subforum you frequent. There's tons of posters, judging the whole based on GBS or something is probably a bad idea, like judging this forum based on recent toxicity.

Here, this is as much as you're getting. From TV Tropes:

FATAL: "From Another Time Another Land" (formerly known as "Fantasy Adventure To Adult Lechery") is a tabletop Role-Playing Game published by Fatal Games in 2004. It's since become a major source of Snark Bait, due in no small part to its content and rules, which feature:

Extremely complicated and math-intensive mechanics and charts governing character stats, in-game actions, gaining experience and leveling, and combat. These can lead to questionable, if not outright self-contradictory, results.

Many game mechanics relating to body parts and orifices which are better left un-elaborated.

Themes of rape-fantasy, racism, GLBT hatred and misogyny; lots of Toilet Humor; and generalized perversity. Even the cover art for the rulebook is NSFW. The original name is another blatant hint at its content.

Gratuitous spelling and grammar errors.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I didn't bring it up. I'm trying to end the topic as quickly as possible.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Anyway, so, Monkey- the IK RPG looks pretty spiffy. I really like the system so far...there's a lot of customization straight from the get go, but it's based off the 2d6 system of Warmachine, so if you know those rules, you know the game excepting skill checks and such.