Off Topic Playground

lol, thtas hordes isn't it? I had a look through all of those races etc but nothing took my fancy. Except perhaps LKegion of Everblight...but I think I'll stick to Menoth and possibly Khador..

I don't know what it is about the Skorne, cause I'm usually not drawn to the "wretched oppressive beast subjugation" types but there's a certain artistic nature to their minis and fluff that appeals to me. My wife was immediately drawn to the Trollblood, mostly because of Borka Kegslayer. ;) I've also started gathering a modest Retribution army.

I do rather like Warmahordes for fast gameplay when you really want one strategy: to punch your opponent in the face as hard as you can. ;)

Morning all.

Punching in the face is not always a bad thing, I agree.

:)

Afternoon folks, coffee is back on..Mako definitely needs it..

*replaces Mako's mod badge with a plastic sheriffs badge*

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Argh, have only a few weeks left to make up my mind what to get from the Wyrd GenCon releases. Everything is a bit much, especially as I ordered an entire town from Sarissa Precision last week (and it's lovely!).

lol, easy option...don't get anything!

nah, I feel sorry for everyone at this time of year trying to stretch their budgets for gencon goodness...I am abstaining this year, nothing I urgently need..

I know I'm getting the book and Tara. The rest I'm doing the whole 'wing it' process...

Ugh, why can I not get a good night's sleep?! Can someone surgically implant some sleep into my head?

Hey, where's my fuzzy pink mod badge? This one is all hard and plasticky!

I was cleaning up some of my Mantic ogres last night. I like them, even if they are only the size of GW Black Orcs. Restic is still hard to clean up but it's much better than the first runs of the stuff now. It's odd- I feel like staying home more so I can actually get some minis done- I'd like to have a painted army, or at least a fully painted Malifaux crew, sometime before the end of the year.

Yeah, I love the idea of city map campaigns, but never got into a game that did a good job with it. Don't particularly find the models all that interesting...they aren't bad, but not super inspiring. The rules however...a game designed from the beginning to be used as a map campaign, with the ability to have Necromunda/Mordheim style leveling and equipment? That could be very interesting indeed. And a far enough distance from Gencon that I could chip in, lol.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Correction- the Master Alchemist is awesome, lol.

If the rules are really good I might buy a book later. I feel the same way about the models- not bad, but not mindblowing, either.

Also kinda tired of the skanktastic females thing- the only game I can think of where it's not completely gratuitous is Dark Age (it's more Body Horror and S&M, Nightmare Fuel Style in that instance). But that's a rant you've read before.

In any case, the guy's pursuing his dream, which is something I've been thinking about a lot lately (this would be my second midlife crisis, of sorts, if I count the first one I had at 16 *wink*). I think I should do something else with my career.

Only kidding Mako, heres your badge back..It may be a little bit sticky...I had donuts...

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I'd like to point out that it's generally difficult to do this while you're being hit with said hammer.

Heh, laws of physics do not apply in here! And as an original i am well within my rights to have this get out clause lol!

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Ahh flabbers!

Just checked the artwork on The Warstores 'preorders'... If those box sets are available at Gencon, then i might very well be purchasing some...

In fact Justice, Seamus, Lilith and Victorias would be tempting! As they are the four masters I was contemplating using....

Better curb that Warmachine spending just in case, though nothing is ever set in stone.

I'd say that's a fair statement and I've never been in a Chinook.

I just hate chin-ups because only thin little people are good at them. Seriously, even the year I played football and couldn't gain a pound to save my life, I could do maybe two of them.

Chin-ups can go boff themselves.