Off Topic Playground

Aargh, stupid Bitish airways! They've messed my return flight about again!

They changed the time of my first one so I had to rebook from a different airport, then cancelled that one so I had to rebook, now they've messed up that booking and I'm now back on the original one. Which is magically at the original time again...

Ironically, because they've been the ones messing it up, it's cost nothing for all the changes, and they've now let my dad book this one on his air miles (which they swore he couldn't do first time round). So it's actually got a little cheaper :)

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

And thanks!

So now all we need to do is get one of us a transatlantic ticket, Panda, and we can fight over alchemical stones *wink*

Alkemy is finally at the point where Avalon can field a full 300 points of models and actually have a variety of options. Before, it was pick 2 of 3 personalities, then decide which model out of the entire Kraken Editions run to leave out. Not sure why they did that for them while the other factions had plenty of options, but it's better now. I'd love to see a Kickstarter and I'd support it...but preferably next year.

Good grief, those can't be English. Pre made pancake and sausage on a stick? The only good combination of batter and sausage is toad in the hole. And only if it comes with decent gravy!

Made from scratch it can be delicious. The only pre-made breakfast foods I trust at all are cold cereal and yogurt with fruit already in it. The GF loves junk food, and I have been trying to get away from it. She wins; my waistline loses :( :-(

I've always wanted to try making a Mexican-styled Toad in the Hole, with chorizo, Mexican cheeses like queso blanco and cotija, and something with chilies in it instead of gravy. I don't like brown gravy- it's bland and gross.

@Dustcrusher: This is what i picked up:

• Kingdom of Avalon - Starter, Starter Add-on, Lotharius and Retiarii, Wandering Knight and Colossius.
  • Khaliman Republic: Starter, Starter Add-on, Malikh Meharists, Ifrit' Qaniss, Dahlia and Guhlams and Belluaire and Khergars.
  • Aurlok Nation - Starter and Starter Add-on

Initially didn't fancy Avalon, but they are quite nice and the Colossius is great. Khaliman are my favourites and I bought everything available for them onMiniature Market (Iecha Bint Sorhna is out of stock). There wasn't much for the Aurlok Nation that I liked for a decent price, though I do want some Toad Thunder Warriors at some point.

Can't wait to get a hold of them. Might print the rulebook in B&W and the stat cards in colour. Hopefully I can convince some local players to give it a shot, but it's worth the purchase regardless to ensure I get these lovely models while I still can =]

Still amazed at some of the prices though, $7 for this:

post-3604-13911928612243_thumb.jpg

Can't argue with that =D