Off Topic Playground

Morning Steam. :)

I've been playing catch up at the moment after all the hassle my computer has been giving me. Had to do a clean install of Windows the day before yesterday after it corrupted itself when the new graphics card got installed. Did all the updates yesterday and manage to do a week's worth of maths as well. 0.0

Steam had recently released their Linux platform that's what was causing all those updates recently. I just simply uninstalled Steam and keep it off until Valve sorts it out.

We think what cause the problem was that there was a already existing corruption that didn't clause enough trouble to be notice not liking the new card.

Well I've come across some balsa wood in my local hobby store that's cheap and I think it be prefect to use to make futuristic terrain. The idea I have for my table is to put together a town centre with a park and some shops and other buildings. The park is going to be unconventional as it be technically a building cause it has holowalls that will have a landscape on it. For some of the shops I was thinking of getting some Female Armature miniatures from Hasslefree Miniatures and use them as shop mannequins, also they be good practice with green stuff as I've never used it before.

That because it wasn't a drink, it was toilet cleaner

I did feel alpine fresh.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Steam had recently released their Linux platform that's what was causing all those updates recently. I just simply uninstalled Steam and keep it off until Valve sorts it out.

We think what cause the problem was that there was a already existing corruption that didn't clause enough trouble to be notice not liking the new card.

Well I've come across some balsa wood in my local hobby store that's cheap and I think it be prefect to use to make futuristic terrain. The idea I have for my table is to put together a town centre with a park and some shops and other buildings. The park is going to be unconventional as it be technically a building cause it has holowalls that will have a landscape on it. For some of the shops I was thinking of getting some Female Armature miniatures from Hasslefree Miniatures and use them as shop mannequins, also they be good practice with green stuff as I've never used it before.

Sounds good.

Monkeyshine needs to have "A product of Messrs. Monkey and Shine" on the label somewhere.

The bad news is that I see myself getting in on three Kickstarters soon- Wild West Exodus, Alas Vegas, and Warzone. Going in cheap for the first two (PDF Only and PDF + Softcover, respectively). I am letting myself have one starter for Warzone for old times' sake.

Got a lot of prep for Nashcon. A pool of units for Mighty Armies and Hordes of the Things tourneys, a Malifaux tourney (Outcasts or Arcanists?), and I want to run demos of Song of Blades and Heroes, Alkemy, and/or Kings of War. Definitely want to get in a demo of Pride of Lions with that game's creator, too. Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of crummy speed painting in the next few months...

I'm staying away from Kickstarter for awhile. I backed Darklands at £80 for the Norse Troll Starter (I like trolls!) and I've offered people in my area to buy stuff through me now that the pledge manager is up. Hopefully I might be able to use the models for something that isn't proxy, but still, I bought them to paint them more than to game with.

Was initially tempted by WWE and Warzone, as well as Drake, but I've decided against it. One of my new rules is to avoid backing anything that will take ages to be released; if I can wait that long I can just wait to buy it at retail. There are exceptions (Kingdom Death), but it's worked out pretty well (reduced my Darklands pledge considerably).

I'm also resisting the urge to start Infinity and Carnevale. I think I'll let things settle then come Spring/Summer I'll start expanding my horizons.

It's funny you should mention complexity ;)

What do you think the extra complexity in Infinity adds to the overall gaming experience? I mean the core element in Infinity seems to be reactions and the importance of terrain/cover, but all the other stuff, do you feel the game would be less awesome if it had been more "streamlined"?