Off Topic Playground

Wow, only 45 minutes? I've had a half day of that every couple of weeks since I got here! But scientists do not make good pack animals lol

Ooo, and my story from iron quill is in the aethervox today! Almost finished the snipers base, and am mostly sober. And the kickstarter is going well it seems.

He's right, theres nothing you can do to them that time won't do something much crueller...

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Yeah, though I feel that itch in my head telling me to go up to dining room level. It's not a good sign!

Yeah. 45 Minutes is actually a lot in our small company. Hehe. I did cut off the discussion though. The rant started before I could even get my coat off after arrival. >_<

Anywho! Yay Henchman! Now I am fully awake and it has finally sunk in. Going to see my gaming circle this Saturday and will ask them what they are in the mood for.

This may sound silly, but are Henchman allowed to participate in their own events? Generally I would say no, but you know... xD

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Go for Dining Room, Mako! Potentially means you get 14 really cool models to paint, two of which are limited edition.

Yeah. 45 Minutes is actually a lot in our small company. Hehe. I did cut off the discussion though. The rant started before I could even get my coat off after arrival. >_<

Anywho! Yay Henchman! Now I am fully awake and it has finally sunk in. Going to see my gaming circle this Saturday and will ask them what they are in the mood for.

This may sound silly, but are Henchman allowed to participate in their own events? Generally I would say no, but you know... xD

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Go for Dining Room, Mako! Potentially means you get 14 really cool models to paint, two of which are limited edition.

It's your choice, I believe. I hold myself out of my events if it means a player wouldn't be able to participate...so generally, I only play when there's going to be a buy.

Sigh, I knew I shouldn't have expected you lot to tell me to think sensibly about my bank balance...

Someone at work plays warhammer and is quite happy to learn malifaux (from me, which could be a terrible mistake!) and possibly offer to buy one or two character sprues off me, so that might offset it a bit. If I could bear to let them go once they appeared.

I'll think on it. Oh blast, my ressers need a shikome too! Wonder if I can sculpt one in a week...

Like the old legends, a wild woman. So more of a feral harpy girl, tattered robes covering her essentials, hair unravelling from the tied back style, and vicious talons.

If you do make one, mind casting it so I can pick one up off you? Can't stand the current one...

Ah, that could be tricky. To make it in a week, not too hard. But to cast it takes another week really, so I'd not have time to paint it. Which means, either I do it in green stuff as a one off and paint it, or you convince our Shine here to let me use it unpainted lol

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

My usual process is brass wire for an armature, wrap it in green stuff then layer Fimo on top before the GS cures so the Fimo sticks. Then, just add and remove Fimo with dental tools and clay shapers until it looks like I want it to! Whenever it gets too difficult to handle without baking, I bake it and keep going.

You know what Ed, I'll give it a shot. A wild harpy sculpted, cast, and painted in eleven days. And all without time off work. Hold on to your potatoes, Dr Jones!