Off Topic Playground

So I have two call-outs and two lates the day after a paid holiday. Who in here wants a job? I am about ready to just start firing people...

I would take one. Is it in Frankfurt?

Next time the company owner is in town, I will propose a European office. Is there much call for asbestos, lead and mold testing in Europe?

Asbestos is still a problem here. I don't know how much testing is done about it though.

Next time the company owner is in town, I will propose a European office. Is there much call for asbestos, lead and mold testing in Europe?

Yes. Asbestos is a vanishing problem, but lead and mold are an issue with old buildings. Also, if you would slightly branch out, the new ecology guidelines for water and stuff are pretty harsh.

Asbestos is still an issue with some older buildings in the UK but as these are falling down, most councils will wait until it collapses then deal with it!

Lead is not really an issue in buildings now as most of it has been nicked for selling!

Mold...yeah, we have lots of musty old buildings over here.  Perils of an old culture lol..

Oi!  You got me spelling all American now..its Mould damn you! Love the U!!

Edited by Absolution Black

Yes. Asbestos is a vanishing problem, but lead and mold are an issue with old buildings. Also, if you would slightly branch out, the new ecology guidelines for water and stuff are pretty harsh.

Oh, yes. The guidelines for water are EXTREMELY harsh here. Such is the price for high-quality tap water.

Yeah, it works similarly here. Also, the bomb squad has to clear anything that goes below ground level. (Around the corner, they stopped a playground being built). Asbestos is a vanishing danger, though. Most buildings get renovated too often for it to be an issue lately.

Yeah, it works similarly here. Also, the bomb squad has to clear anything that goes below ground level. (Around the corner, they stopped a playground being built). Asbestos is a vanishing danger, though. Most buildings get renovated too often for it to be an issue lately.

From what I understand, asbestos testing has about 9-12 years left as a viable industry in this country too, or at least in this area. I am looking to get my analyst certification next year, hopefully, so I at least have that on my resume. I could work in any lab in the country with it. 

Good luck with that. You certainly seem a model worker. And then you move here and open a ecological testing lab and get on the nerves of those stupid businesses that pollute our ground. (Stupid fracking discussion.)

Oi start a European office! So I can work there! :D

And you can work there too. I'll be HR. We'll stick it to the man, be certified eco-terrorists and get rich along the way!

Also, to celebrate yesterday's game. I finally beat Benshin in a fair fight in Malifaux. Lilith v. Mei Feng, for Nythera. Lilith kills Mei Feng, leads her "deadly day care" to a glorious 5-4 victory. So need Barbaros though...

But I promised no more models until Black Friday...

So hard to keep your promise? :P

My brother in law got married this weekend, so I had a nice 16 hour drive to Tennessee/Virginia!  Then I ran out of money and had to sleep in a rest area on my way back... man that was the sweatiest night of my life sleeping in that car... ugh!!

But totally worth it.

• Like 1