Off Topic Playground

Hey Phinn. 

That must have been tough :)

The weather has been super nice, so it was OK. But thank you for your concern :D It has acutally been a month with one week of internet. New roof and before that... a week of trips through Adrspach-Teplice Rocks. I had to carry my cousin's 10 kg son in a child carrier rucksack so I kind of look like Popey the Sailor now.

• Like 1

The weather has been super nice, so it was OK. But thank you for your concern :D It has acutally been a month with one week of internet. New roof and before that... a week of trips through Adrspach-Teplice Rocks. I had to carry my cousin's 10 kg son in a child carrier rucksack so I kind of look like Popey the Sailor now.

Very nice

Sounds nice. Can you do the voice as well?

Very nice

Yeah, I really like it there. My cousin knows it quite well there, so she was our guide. She chose some well traveled ones, where you meet a LOT of tours and families with little kids or strollers even... or people taking wedding photos (2 weddings in our case) and then "in the wild" one, where we met only 5 people. That one I really liked.

Sounds nice. Can you do the voice as well?

No, I quit smoking three eyears ago. But I have very similar laughter.

I have to work as much to afford to continue living. In related news, New York State passed an increase by 2018 for fast food minimum wage to be $15 an hour. 

Worst. Idea. Ever. 

And now Bernie Sanders wants to make it the Federal Minimum Wage too apparently. Say good bye to small businesses, everyone...

Morning everyone! Didn't get around to The Torch and Blade last night, but I did finish Abuela Ortega and Johana. I'll try to have some pictures in my gallery tonight.

How's everyone doing?

Morning, very very tired at the moment looking forward to sleeping for more then 2 hours this weekend

We have a minimum wage of 8,50 Euro. Interestingly, I doesn't drive anyone out of business. It's the big businesses who look for loopholes, strangely.

Much the same here, well for my current company anyway. Our Salaries are actually really competitive for the industry and considering the owner is employing maybe 50 people this amazing how paying people well grows the business

why that much for fast food staff?

that works out at a minimum wage of £9.75 ish....  in the UK the guys working in mcDonalds are probably only on minimum wage here of £6.75ish...

Guess its probably busier in the US though eh?  ;)

It's danger pay, incase they dont serve fast enough

The way I see things in this country, when they pass some new law or regulation that is for the good of the American people, they have already finalized the loopholes and it is too late to prevent the damage that will follow. 

Fast food service is not meant to be a career. It is unskilled, no thought required, manual labor that can be easily and cheaply fixed by self-service kiosks. Which will soon follow, trust me. Why pay 4 people and provide employee benefits when a bunch of touch screens can do the job without needing a break?

Like Febo?

I just Google'd that. And yes. We used to have them in this country, called Automat. I think there is still one, the ONLY one, in Manhattan. Walk up, select food, insert payment, leave with food. 

My mates went nuts when they found them in Amsterdam, essentially it is just a Vending Machine on a large scale

Its terrible, but companies tend to hire young people that will work like dogs at a lower wage for five years before moving onto their next job, while skilled and experienced people that would cost more are not hired.

• Like 3

Its terrible, but companies tend to hire young people that will work like dogs at a lower wage for five years before moving onto their next job, while skilled and experienced people that would cost more are not hired.

To be fair one of my friends has worked at McDonalds since she left School and is now the regional manager, fair enough that is a story that is true maybe once in a decade but loyalty does have benefits sometimes. Anyone catch that Dominoes Pizza Documentary the other week (Mainly Abs)

Truth.

I was a gas station manager for a number of years.  I had many applicants from people that should have never, never, never been a gas station clerk.  It was sad.  People with college and experience, older people.  No one would hire them.