Off Topic Playground

Oh I know its just quite low on the priorities at the moment. I need to fund someone but it's finding the right person

Oh, absolutely. In fact, nothing, neither method nor experience or anything, is anywhere as important for therapy success than how good you get along with the therapist.

I think its anxiety and a bad history. Because have I have this exact same thing. And it is exactly on the mundane and things I've done a million a times that I'm afraid will go wrong all the time everyday.

Quite right.

Additional: I like how no one in here questions the "borderline sociopath" part ;)

I'm not sure if something like a borderline sociopath really exists. But I refrained from commenting as I consider it against my professional decency to question claims like that without a solid base of facts. I don't know you enough either way. ;)

I have half of the criteria as defined by the Mayo Clinic definition of Antisocial Personality Disorder. Because I'm smart enough to NOT trust WebMD to diagnose my health ;)

I am functional and not a health and safety risk to others, only myself :D

I'm (secretly, don't tell my colleagues) not convinced of the value of diagnosing personality disorders. Also, half the criteria just means that you don't have it. :D

I think I have General Anixiety as well. 

I'm not here to give any form of diagnosis, but keep in mind that one of the criteria of General Anxiety is that the anxiety and negative outlook may not be caused by a Depression. Just for your information, before you add Hypochondria to your list.

Aren't we a happy bunch? 

I think that we are a pretty functional bunch, all in all.

I'm not here to give any form of diagnosis, but keep in mind that one of the criteria of General Anxiety is that the anxiety and negative outlook may not be caused by a Depression. Just for your information, before you add Hypochondria to your list.

Hmm, you might be right. But then I was anixious before shit did hit the fan, or so to speak :|

But hey, at least I found out there is enough work in my field, seeing that Recruitment Centers cannot stop spamming my inbox :P

These pills really are amazing.  Before them I was in tears at least six times a day.  It was absolutely unreasonable, and I didn't understand why.  The doctor wanted to increase the dosage but I said no, because I haven't cried since the 2nd day I started taking them, and thats good enough for me!

• Like 1

I'm (secretly, don't tell my colleagues) not convinced of the value of diagnosing personality disorders. Also, half the criteria just means that you don't have it. :D

Yeah, that's something I've always sort of been curious about.

How is saying someone has a "personality disorder" anything but a very technical way of saying they're a jerk, or a loner, or manipulative, etc, etc (depending on disorder: anti social, schizoid, borderline, etc). How do you define someone's personality as a disorder and even if you do how do you treat it?

• Like 1