Off Topic Playground

We reaaaaally wanted to get some of us together for a Lincoln vs. Omaha tournament... but neither city is willing to drive to the other one :P

I am sure I can get my group to go to Lincoln for a story encounter. You are right, it is only a 40 minute drive. You store is a much better place for an event than mine. It would be nice to pack the game room again with Malifaux players.

Depending on how much time you have to play between now and then, it's quite possibly you'd be able to play, Chris. Some of the players in the Gencon Story Encounters were playing their first ever games of Malifaux.

I know I want to run a SE event in October, to let the new rules actually hit shelves.

Actually... I was thinking of the wrong thing.

We had like 14 in the grow league, but it was a while ago.

We had 12 in our campaign, which was the last thing that we ran and then ended it with a tournament.

The grow league, as I recall, started out at 10 SS, then every week added 5SS for hiring. It was fixed faction. Pairings were posted on the same day of the week, and you had a week to find time to play with your opponent, or concede.

Edited by Victoria

Very true, story encounters are a little different that a normal event. Normally they are way more fun that WAAC. So are you taking over as the henchmen for your store, Victoria? Also, 12 people. I wish I could get 12 people in an event. I had 19 once. The place was packed. Then again, I seemed to have picked up 3 new players last Saturday (including Bow, who is part of the Omaha group..for now)

Actually... I was thinking of the wrong thing.

We had like 14 in the grow league, but it was a while ago.

We had 12 in our campaign, which was the last thing that we ran and then ended it with a tournament.

The grow league, as I recall, started out at 10 SS, then every week added 5SS for hiring. It was fixed faction.

You are not making me feel any better...-laughs- At the moment, I have a steady 5 players.