Off Topic Playground

...wow, that's a lot of hate for that character. I'm very proud of Waechter right now...I don't usually get such a visceral reaction.

I liked him, then despised him for being a coward, now sort of see his POV. But he still deserves a bullet in the head...I guess, all the more reason to keep him alive then...get the readers wanting him to get his come uppance and then he seems to survive.....

Honestly, the casual anti-dramatic methods that Abnett uses to kill off characters is one reason I enjoy reading his stuff...because in real life, you're far more likely to just get gunned by at random going from cover to cover than in some defiant last stand.

...not that this prevented me throwing Armour of Salvation across the room when SPOILER Caffran/SPOILER died.

So who is winning this thread, you ask??

Your Top 5 Off Topic Champions!

Who Posted?

TheOneWhoFell 2,989

Absolution Black 2,882

karn987 2,828

Silver Chocobo 1,970

xxXhayzelXxx 1,225

For a complete list of rankings, simply click on the thread "Replies" link (currently at 18,507).

:D

HA! Thanks Ed!

In Dragons of Autumn Twilight, the bad guys cast a spell on Tanis HALF-ELVEN that makes him fall asleep... as to the Pegasi... wouldn't work... he's got Elven blood and would therefore be immune to said spells...

*shakes head at the lack of continuity*

Edited by TheOneWhoFell
further explanation needed

HA! Thanks Ed!

In Dragons of Autumn Twilight, the bad guys cast a spell on Tanis HALF-ELVEN that makes him fall asleep... as to the Pegasi... wouldn't work... he's got Elven blood and would therefore be immune to said spells...

*shakes head at the lack of continuity*

Krynn was different than your run of the mill D&D universes.

Dragonlance series (by Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman) is based (somewhat) on D&D... but there are some MAJOR differences... Like... Half-Elves lose their immunity to sleep spells (it's only the first I've found... but I have been trying to not over think it...)

This is the first time I've read the sereis since starting to play D&D... which lends a new... perspective... on things.. :)