Off Topic Playground

Fell, my FSHD is playing up badly today is all. Just hurts everywhere :(

Princess!

~Throws a hungry teddy to Hayzel~

Thar ye go, the girls found him in a cupboard earlier, he was trying to eat moldy socks...

Awhh! bless him!! *feeds the hungry teddy lots of sweets, puts him down and watches him run around like hes on speed, and giggles*

I'm good. Been working a lot on writing, although my painting has been sadly neglected because of this... on the plus side, I found a great tutorial on world building, and managed to make a fairly solid nation for my Nanowrimo attempt. Got the high technology, small, aggressive nation figured out. Still uncertain of the reasons behind the reasons of the political leaders as regards the war, but eh...got mostly everything else.

Still uncertain of the reasons behind the reasons of the political leaders as regards the war, but eh...got mostly everything else.

Maybe this small nation has been invaded, bullied etc in the past by its larger neighbours..and now having stumbled upon new technologies has the option to hit back...out of sheer vengeance?

We have this new weapon, but we need to try it? Oh look, our enemies are right next door...handy!

I've taken hold of the revenge idea for the general populace...just wanted something more sophisticated for the leaders, to give them a reason to be manipulating and stirring the population to war. The opening shots of the war were against civilian targets, so the nation is now ticked off, and aggressively counter-attacking. I was thinking, since the political leaders are magic users, of doing the leylines idea, where particular locations can be tapped for magic in different ways, and the magic users are trying to get hold of those locations, and using the war as an excuse to grab them along with other territory.

I've taken hold of the revenge idea for the general populace...just wanted something more sophisticated for the leaders, to give them a reason to be manipulating and stirring the population to war. The opening shots of the war were against civilian targets, so the nation is now ticked off, and aggressively counter-attacking. I was thinking, since the political leaders are magic users, of doing the leylines idea, where particular locations can be tapped for magic in different ways, and the magic users are trying to get hold of those locations, and using the war as an excuse to grab them along with other territory.

That could work..as we know most wars are fought over a place of power..gas, oil etc...

Maybe they've noticed their own leylines are producing less magic than they used to. So they hush it up and go for either a direct resource grab masked by conquering countries, or a Red Storm Rising resource grab where they hide the fact that they're after the resources by attacking somewhere else first to distract from the next attack.

Maybe they've noticed their own leylines are producing less magic than they used to. So they hush it up and go for either a direct resource grab masked by conquering countries, or a Red Storm Rising resource grab where they hide the fact that they're after the resources by attacking somewhere else first to distract from the next attack.

Oooo...I like that idea. Thanks Steam! Man, with all the help I'm getting from you guys, I need to do something amazing with this story for the sake of the readers...just as a thank you!

cunning...i like your style....you're not a maniacal leader of a high technology, aggressive nation in your spare time, are you?