Off Topic Playground

#Hangs up coat and hat#

Hmmm, first in. Better start the coffee brewing and stoke up the fireplace. Maybe warm some croissants up to fill the place with a nice smell.

Also, got to stop talking to myself.

*saunters in, sees Steam making the place cosy. Smells croissants and hears stomach rumble*

mmmm....got one going spare?

And don't worry about talking to yourself.....its when you answer back the problems start! ;)

Can I have a Whisky instead lol. This year sucks balls!!!!

Grandad is basically going to be lucky if he is still alive this time next month. My parents are absoloutely distraut, dad as this is the guy that basically raised him due to his abusive real father. Mum because it's almost a year to the day that her dad died of the same cancer.

Dad is still unemployed after being made redundant last year and I get told by the landlord that as his job is under threat he is going to need to move back into our flat and so we have to move out soon. We had a sweet deal in this current place so a new place will cost a few hundred quid extra a month.

Oh and come the end of October my Job may be under threat!!!!!

And my Gencon order is still not here.

I never thought I would here myself say this but i honestly just want to crawl up in a corner and shed a few tears!

#Hands Munkey a Talisker#

That is a bad year, sorry to hear it is all going so poorly. Especially your Granddad, I hope he at least has had a good full life and looks back with no regrets. I'm not really good at giving advice or comfort as I never know what to say. I hope things improve on the job front for both you and your Dad too.

Can I have a Whisky instead lol. This year sucks balls!!!!

Grandad is basically going to be lucky if he is still alive this time next month. My parents are absoloutely distraut, dad as this is the guy that basically raised him due to his abusive real father. Mum because it's almost a year to the day that her dad died of the same cancer.

Dad is still unemployed after being made redundant last year and I get told by the landlord that as his job is under threat he is going to need to move back into our flat and so we have to move out soon. We had a sweet deal in this current place so a new place will cost a few hundred quid extra a month.

Oh and come the end of October my Job may be under threat!!!!!

And my Gencon order is still not here.

I never thought I would here myself say this but i honestly just want to crawl up in a corner and shed a few tears!

As Steam says, its hard to know what to say in these situations especially over a forum. All I can say is sorry to hear that your year so far has been so bad..it does seem that things are happening all at once.

Hopefully your Grandad has had a good life, and is not suffering. I'm sure there are better times around the corner for your family, it just sucks that you have to go through such a hard time to get there.

Its ok to feel so upset, and sometimes it is good to just let it all out. Is there anyone you could talk to about it all, someone neutral like a counsellor or even the Samaritans or similar. Just getting everything off your chest can bring a bit of relief.

Hope you get the support your family needs and that your job is safe. And that your dad gets some luck too.

Steam, it could be a few months until anywhere in the UK gets regular stock of Terraclips, they're proving to be as hard to get as the 3rd edition Ravenloft Tarokka deck (and I only got my deck of those because I knew the artist, lol) when that was about. Frontline Games in Welshpool had some in stock, not sure if there are any left now though :(

AB - you could say that mate, was restless and then had people having a screaming match outside my house first thing this morning, fell asleep again only to be woken by the police at the door inquiring about witnesses and then (again just dozing off) Jehovah Witnesses... grr...

Princess, afternoon hun!