Off Topic Playground

I try really hard... Some day I'll figure it out :)

Its easier when I have to kill everyone :D

Practice makes perfect =)

Takes a long time to get over that general wargame mentality of "KILL EVERYTHING". XD

Woo hoo 4000 posts! Monster Thread!

*declines the chocolate, but grins evily at the thought of killing wild Nephs...*

*Gnaws on chocolate and eyes Fell carefully at the grin*

Honesty time.

Do you all make sound effects/jokes while playing Malifaux?

Highlights from last night:

Teddy vs. 2 Terror Tots:

Teddy: "RRRAAAARRRGHHH!"

Tots: "We ain't scared of you! (both pass their terrifying tests) "Flay you!"

*stuffing everywhere*

Tots: "He's not dead... RUN!"

Teddy: "RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" *squished tot jelly*

Candy casting Self-Loathing on a Young Nephilim: "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!"

I tend to get silly when playing...

I'm not gonna hurt you Karn.. just the big beasties messing everything else up :)

Fair enough =D *hugs the side of your head*

Honesty time.

Do you all make sound effects/jokes while playing Malifaux?

Ohhhhhh yeah =D

Every major event needs a sound effect at least *nods*

Dreamer drops a Teddy on Sonnia: "I don't want to play with you, meanie! Play with Snookie instead!"

Snookie: "RAAWWWRRR!"

Guardian near Sonnia with Protect etc on her: "Error... chance of survival 5%"

Sonnia: "Oh shut up"

Teddy then Red Jokers on damage against Sonnia with his teath but the Guardian takes it all: "RAAAWRRRGGHHH! Nom Nom nom..... wait... this not meat.."

Sonnia: "Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit!"

Teddy: "Bwahahaha! I Flurried!"

Sonnia: "MEDIC!"

Teddy barely fails to kill her due to a lucky Red Joker damage prevention on the last hit, leaves her with 2 wds.

Teddy: " How.... but.... what..... *glares*"

Sonnia: "MY Turn! Gimme your cards! *yoink, Drain Magiced last 2 cards in my hand*"

Teddy: "Heeeeeyyyyyy your suppose to try and hurt me! *puffs up chest*"

Sonnia: "You forgot.... my ship is trailing mines! *Uses Dismantle trigger on Teddy*"

Teddy: "Bwwaahhhrrrghhhhlllleeee *stuffing sounds*"

Edited by karn987

pew pew lasers.

I tend not to make funny noises... the guys seem to think I'm gloating if I do... :\

*shrugs* Maybe I should try more dialogue... Maybe it'll help lighten the mood... :)

During a tournament match, I tend to just explain what I'm doing with my Crew as it happens. Some silliness will come out.

During friendly games at the LGS, that's where I really start getting silly. If you're playing for fun, make it fun. :D

pew pew lasers.

I tend not to make funny noises... the guys seem to think I'm gloating if I do... :\

*shrugs* Maybe I should try more dialogue... Maybe it'll help lighten the mood... :)

Yeah that would probably help. I try to just chat and socialize about it, it helps bleed away the frustration that can build up and hopefully helps people enjoy the game more.

I like to chat through what I'm doing and what they are doing etc, and just basically get them engaged in talking about the game as we play it. From there I just let myself be silly and have fun =)

Just gotta figure out how to get them to break the ice a bit more and not be to sensitive about it all =) Gotta have fun in the experience of the game as well as playing it.

"So they finally killed Bin Laden…..Incredible what the Americans can do when the playstation network is down!"

WIN

One of the top 10 posts in this thread, probably, HAHAHAHA

Books....mmm....books.....drool

I love me some books, but I'm like you guys, I have a really rough time reading non-fiction. Which is odd, because the book in my car right now is non-fiction, haha. But it's a subject I'm really interested in, and trying to learn more about right now. But beyond that, I almost ALWAYS have some fictional novel with me wherever I go.

Karn, glad to hear you're into SW novels as well. I've probably read about 90% of them ever published (except the kid oriented ones...kinda ignore those). I'm really digging the current FOTJ series. Have you read Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor? Probably my favorite of the last couple years.

But I'm down for...oh, pretty much any sort of sci-fi or fantasy readings. Lord of the Rings, Ender's Game, Wheel of Time, Eragon, Star Wars, etc....video game-based books too, though sometimes those are pretty crappy. Don't get as much time to read as I used to, so I only get through one book every 2-3 months lately. Unless I travel for work. I can do 2-3 in a week when I'm traveling, thank you very much plane flights and lonely hotel rooms. :)

Oooh... and last night (which is weird...it's like we all play Malifaux on Thursdays!) I got to smash some face with Levi. SO much fun. Playing 25 SS, so basically just used the Box Set plus a Canine Remains. First game against Ramos and 2nd game against Kirai. Lots of SPAs made in both games. I'm really starting to dig Levi. Neither of my opponents were too happy about me bypassing their Armor or Spirit. :tongue2:

And yes....dialogue and sound effects do occur. We have quite a bit of fun playing. If you're not having fun, then what's the point?!

#sneaks out, gets toast, sneaks back under duvet#

*watches as the Tea Monolith "sneaks" behind you and follows you around*

i think the part of the reason i dont kid is because on Thursday nights there is also MTG... and they tend to get really loud... so you're basically yelling across the table at your friend, trying to tell them what you're doing... It gets a little overwhelming.

Blah thats rough, hard to kid around when you've got people being louder around you. How far away are your tables from the MTG peoples?

WIN

One of the top 10 posts in this thread, probably, HAHAHAHA

Books....mmm....books.....drool

I love me some books, but I'm like you guys, I have a really rough time reading non-fiction. Which is odd, because the book in my car right now is non-fiction, haha. But it's a subject I'm really interested in, and trying to learn more about right now. But beyond that, I almost ALWAYS have some fictional novel with me wherever I go.

Karn, glad to hear you're into SW novels as well. I've probably read about 90% of them ever published (except the kid oriented ones...kinda ignore those). I'm really digging the current FOTJ series. Have you read Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor? Probably my favorite of the last couple years.

But I'm down for...oh, pretty much any sort of sci-fi or fantasy readings. Lord of the Rings, Ender's Game, Wheel of Time, Eragon, Star Wars, etc....video game-based books too, though sometimes those are pretty crappy. Don't get as much time to read as I used to, so I only get through one book every 2-3 months lately. Unless I travel for work. I can do 2-3 in a week when I'm traveling, thank you very much plane flights and lonely hotel rooms. :)

Oooh... and last night (which is weird...it's like we all play Malifaux on Thursdays!) I got to smash some face with Levi. SO much fun. Playing 25 SS, so basically just used the Box Set plus a Canine Remains. First game against Ramos and 2nd game against Kirai. Lots of SPAs made in both games. I'm really starting to dig Levi. Neither of my opponents were too happy about me bypassing their Armor or Spirit. :tongue2:

And yes....dialogue and sound effects do occur. We have quite a bit of fun playing. If you're not having fun, then what's the point?!

I've really only read the complete series that are post Eppisode 6 for SW, some of the earlier books I had dabbled in and I LOVE the Yuhzan Vong arc. I really need to get Outbound Fight and read that to draw some of the last connections. But FoTJ is really interesting, I need to get through this book... I screwed up at one point and got the wrong one (missed a book in between) so I need to go back and read teh one before it and then that one again.

Isn't Levy Fantastic? =D Object is still a PITA for him but otherwise, its hard to stand up to him unless you have Counter Spell, even then you can just hammer away with it.

erm... less than 6'...? we're all in one big room... there are usually.. 4-20 of them... and the new set comes out... tonight at midnight, so they weren't even playing last night... they were just talking about the new cards *rolls eyes*

plus, one of the local news stations is doing a piece on the rise of table top gaming in the area... I don't talk to the news... I don't like to have my picture taken, let alone be filmed... so I was really on edge last night... They really wanted to film me too (I was the only girl in the store)...