Off Topic Playground

That video, however, is kinda terrifying. (shudder)

The actual commercial is a bit more...interesting. The ad itself isn't really all that strange- it's the implications of "deculture," which if I recall right is alien culture seeping into human culture and potentially overtaking it.

*flop* What a day... I can't wait for summer to be over. I hate heat! Yuck!!

Does it get that hot in Nebraska? We get temperature and humidity, Nevada gets temperature but no humidity, and Minnesota's temps rarely get above 80 but they have tons of humidity.

...I did? O.o I remember you guys seeing a rat that waved at you...

Ratty made a cameo?

Labor Day. I have no idea what it's for.

For the Labor Dabor, of course:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail83.swf

Also in the States, it's a geek holiday as Dragoncon is that weekend, so people going spend one fewer day of paid vacation than they would otherwise.

There's this, I suppose.

Still not sure what I want to do with mine. Probably heading down to Atlanta. I'll spend time with family and meet a few D*C-going friends for lunch at some point.

Also... I seem to have an ear infection coming on. I wondered when that would happen, I've had fluid in my right ear for weeks now.

Ugh, those are never fun. Why have you had fluid in your ear for weeks? Usually more than a couple of days is cause to visit a doctor or at least one of those little triage clinics at the drugstore.

This is why I like those little drugstore clinics- much less, if any, wait time, and they can handle most minor things without a visit to the doctor. Tends to be cheaper, too.

On a more positive note, I think I'm going to pick up a copy of Osprey's Ronin skirmish game, and I didn't realize Zenit's Kensei rulebook was free!