ShowGirls, performer, re-painted for the 10th times

vegel

Something about her eyes astounds me. Like she is smirking, in a "I'm better than you", kinda way. I don't know why but her eyes to me draws your attention like the focal point of a painting, even though they are the smallest detail on a model.

Nice job.

EYES!!!!! (Fooli Cooling reference without the brows. Lol)

Updated with newer pix

I used to watch charm too! stopped at the first season though... i like the black hair girl....

well I tried to make the dress look less lumpy by adding lighter shade of red to it, did a lot of washing and highlighting....

I so wish that Wyrd will push out some more pretty girl mini steampunk style and less on the horror ones... or perhaps it's just this stage...

Getting a smooth finish from your paints is a matter of dilution and patience. When you make up your basecoats, always thin the paint on a palette until you can see that it's nice and smooth with no lumps or clumps. Then wash your brush and, with a clean brush, take paint from the palette and apply it to the miniature.

You may need to apply two or three coats to get a good, solid basecoat, but as long as you make sure that the paint you're putting on is smooth before you apply it, you should end up with a good smooth base from which to work.

The other option for smooth basecoats (which still involves dilution, of course) is to apply your basecoats with an airbrush or spraygun (I recommend the former). With practice, you can even apply initial highlights and washes with an airbrush, too.

R.

Thanks for the advise!! I got a little one (3yrs old) and don't wanna use any heavy equip (pump) or cans... so....

With metal mini, do you think it makes a real difference if I sand the surfaces until it's shiny? would that make it smoother?

thin the paint on a palette until you can see that it's nice and smooth with no lumps or clumps. Then wash your brush and, with a clean brush, take paint from the palette and apply it to the miniature.

That is a good tip thank you :) I think I might get two different brushes to do it, one to carry and to mix, one to paint with :)

Sanding the minis won't make any difference. Sometimes (very occasionally) washing them will make a difference to getting glue to adhere, but will have little or no effect on painting them.

You do sometimes get minis with a grainy finish to their surface but these are miscasts with a bad batch of metal and should be returned to the manufacturers and replaced.

Using separate paintbrushes to mix and to apply paint can be helpful, but shouldn't be over-emphasized as a technique compared to just getting the consistency of the paint right.

You might like to look into making yourself a wet palette, tutorials for which can be found all over the place (Google "homemade wet palette").

R.