What is your least favorite game?

What's funny about that is I've played DnD on and off since '83.

Newb. :eviltongu

It was always a wargame when I played it in the 70s* it's just better at it now.

My least favourite games are super light euros & ameritrash games with too many expansions. Munchkin, Zombies & topping all Fluxx. They are mostly OK for about 20 minutes but take 2 hours to play. So many that spoil a good evening chatting to my mates.

I am not sure I there are any miniatures games I actively dislike. I havent tried 40k or WFB for years but I used to like 'em. I think the Spartan stuff is too light for me (but then so is 40k but that's was a laugh) but I have not tried it.

Infiniti infuriates me as it is almost a great game & almost has clear rules but it has enough quirks that annoy me that I get very disappointed by it. Much moreso than if it was actually a bad game.

*OK about twice - mostly early 80s.

I must have been blessed.....or I am easily pleased! In almost 25 years of gaming on and off, I have yet to find a gaming system that I hsven't had fun with!

WHFB: Was my first love and still is. Yes 8th ed has its niggles but I still keep coming back to that old girl.

WH40k: Only ever treated this as a bit of fun, nothing serious so I have no problem with it.

Never tried DnD or anything like that, always seemed too much of a time investment, plus a good pool of players is a must. There used to be just me, my brother and a mate!

I'm sure I'll soon find something I won't like!

I've come to really dislike the evolution of DnD over the years. Things became to simplified and formulaic. It turned from an RPG into almost solely a combat gaming system IMO.

This depends, largely, upon your group and the DM.

ADnD was over-complicated.

Whilst 3.5 and Pathfinder are nicely balanced, enabling easier immersion and interraction between Party Members and NPCs (heck, I had one group that I rewarded with a "Get out of jail free" bonus... for one action they became suddenly 5th-dimensionally aware and could directly address me (the DM) with any single question...)

It's about how you and the people you adventure with approach it.

4.0 will be just as much fun for the group that I DM, as it is designed for newer adventurers.

My least favorite game, now, is probably warhammer fantasy. The new rules just made the game..........MEH!! I know about half the fantasy players at my lgs quit playing fantasy and literally started playing malifaux.

Interesting. 8th edition is so contentious. Me? I love it. So do the majority of the guys in my club. I stopped playing WHFB after several hard fought months attempting to enjoy the hot mess that was 6th. I was so stoked for the release of 7th, I ran out and bought the hardcover sight unseen. What a disappointment. Might as well have been 6.5th edition. I played maybe a half dozen games of 7th before I shelved it.

8th fixed much of what I hated about 6/7th and has finally ushered in a complete rewrite. A buddy of mine has the 2nd edition rules on his shelf (actually, it might even be 1st). No kidding, some of the paragraphs in there are verbatim what was printed in 6th and 7th. It's nice to see a total tear down of the rule set.

That said, I can appreciate why so many despise 8th. It's quite a departure from previous editions. It just so happens to scratch my itch.

... but I'm off topic. My least favorite game? One that leaps to mind is Killer Bunnies (and/or Munchkin). Some people adore those games. I hate 'em. They always end up languishing in an infinite loop of gang bang and gank the most powerful character until he's killed and forced to start over, then the group targets the next powerful, then the next, rinse, repeat. No one wins until the masses get bored and allow someone to win just to end the torment. Ugh.

Edited by Hatchethead