Arachnophilia

Ratty

The next bit is slightly more complicated. I've made up two swarms that are modular. The idea is that I can combine the spiders together or run seperately, or if things get desperate the bases for the swarms will be painted up so you can't see the sockets so I could run them as swarms without all the single spiders attached. The sockets on both of the swarms is the same so you can swap spiders between them if necessary

SpiderSet1.jpg

SpiderSet2.jpg

Looking good, especially the work on the bases. Can't wait to see some paint slapped on them.

Now the question is, nice bright colours or dirty style?

Edit: Darnit ratty, you posted a second post as i was typing! They look very sweet and I am very impressed with the work that has gone into the bases and how they connect.

Paint question still stands though.

Edited by Absolution Black
Ratty and his super quick posting!

Looking good, especially the work on the bases. Can't wait to see some paint slapped on them.

Now the question is, nice bright colours or dirty style?

Edit: Darnit ratty, you posted a second post as i was typing! They look very sweet and I am very impressed with the work that has gone into the bases and how they connect.

Paint question still stands though.

I'm going to go with brasses and rusty metal on the bases and then I'm going to paint the spiders in Gunmetal and blues, possibly going for a white with a tint of blue/purple in it as a spot colour.

That's awesome! I think if I end up buying any more spiders (already have 6 individual and 2 swarms) I will definitely try my hand at making them modular.

I'd REALLY like to know where you got all the plastic bits for your bases though. Those are AWESOME. Can't wait to see them painted up.

Now that I have a Ramos crew coming to me, I'm thinking to make something similar... I want a modular swarm, so I think that I will stole your idea :D

And a question about the bases. I recognized pieces from IG tanks, and also Tau and Space marine vehicles, I think. But... is there anything else?

There are some Chemical Plant set parts for pipes, some ork bits, and of course some plasticard.

Luckily for me a friend had a spare Electrical Creation, he might have missed the unique on the card. So I got one for free, which is the best price. It was already painted but it should be fine to respray and start off again from the top.

Elec.jpg

And lastly my Brass Arachnid.

BrassSpider.jpg

Which finishes off the starting lot of painting for Ramos. Will probably try and get Rusty Alyce at some point and the mobile toolkit when it comes out. Also the Soulstone Miner looks really cool.