General Ignorance

Ratty

I have recently been shocked by the number of people who seem to be unaware on who Cthulhu is. What are they teaching kids in school?

I find this highly disturbing... my friend just has just had a massive Cthulhu tattoo on his back and everyone is oblivious to who he is :-(

Honestly I find the chances of someone know who Cthluhu is directly proportionate to the chances they are a gamer.

Ie He's like the Elvis of the gaming world, but outside of that know one really cares.

I agree totally. What I didn't say in the first post is that all the incidences of people not knowing who he is have been in our LGS with Gamers and Roleplayers I've known for years.

hmm I'm wondering why everyone is misspelling Cthulhu on this page.. It's not like Hastur.... If you say Cthulhu's name 3 times he does appear and stick a tentacle in your ear...

Just remember kids. Hastur gets annoyed when you mention his name.

#shouts HAstur and runs away very, very quickly! Just in case #

Seriously, Cthulhu is very interesting. I haven't read much lately but I remember picking up a roleplaying game back in the nineties, I think was called 'call of cthulhu' or something like that!

Never got around to playing it though, it used to creep my friends out! May have to see if I can find it again!

I'm not sure if Cthulhu studies was an option when I was in school but it was most of what I did the last few years I was there.

Still a massive influence on my tastes in Gaming and literature now.. if there's tentacles and a thing that you probably shouldn't talk about and or never see, I'ts got my attention.

It was kind of a shame that at the Mountains of Madness didn't get picked up in the end. While I have a fear any kind of Hollywood take on the "Mythos" if anyone could of done it Del Torro would be been the man.