Showgirls shopping

Noddwyr

So I am pretty much in a tossup between going for the lilith crew and the showgirls. Now I have read most of the tactica on here but dont want to be buying the wrong things so what should I get? Here is what I am thinking:

Showgirls boxset

Coryphee

Mechanical Doves

Anything obvious i am missing?

So I am pretty much in a tossup between going for the lilith crew and the showgirls. Now I have read most of the tactica on here but dont want to be buying the wrong things so what should I get? Here is what I am thinking:

Showgirls boxset

Coryphee

Mechanical Doves

You may want to pick up Johan. Same with the Gunsmith once he comes out. But that's very much a playstyle thing, and your mileage will vary.

Showgirls boxset

Coryphee

Mechanical Doves

If I were to start the Showgirls this is where I'd start aswell.

Then once you get used to it you might want to add Johan or a Gunsmith - but this is really only for diversity. Colette can do fine with the above models for just about any strategy and against just about every master.

I play Collette fairly often. My list at 35 SS is usually: Collette, Cassandra (9), 2x Coryphee (7ea, 14), Johan (5), 2xMechanical Dove (4), and 6 SS Pool. I will sometimes put in a performer instead of the 2 Doves and start with 4 SS. Personally I like early doves because being able to move 10 and launch Collette's damaging spell is nice. They also provide coverage to the Coryphee in case of a turn 1 blow up happening to one or both of them early on-that way they have a soulstone to use before they gain Use Soulstone.

To answer your question:

Basic Box Set

Coryphee

Mechanical Doves

Johan

And you are set at that point.

Showgirls boxset

Coryphee

Mechanical Doves

The three things to buy for Colette's crew you mentioned is all you really need. Keep in mind her crew (more or less) specializes in taking objectives.

For attacking they mostly do melee attacks so if you go against a melee crew you need to be careful. Similarly, Ramos tends to win using exploding spiders.

Against ranged crews you can normally get in close and kill them.

Thanks for the comments guys. I think I will go with the original list and johan for good measure.

(meant to put this on other post)

Although if you haven't played Malifaux before, Collette is a little difficult to start with, they are pretty tricky (not as hard as Pandora, but definitely harder than Lilith or Guild).

Thats ok, I like hard to learn, makes it more rewarding when you figure it out. Plus it makes other crews easier to play afterwards.