Pitch your Fifth Master ideas.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but to truly be a double agent, they have to act who they are pretending to be, and still be who they really are

And being double agents will they be hireable by both factions they represent?

Yes. Like all Henchmen, they'll have limited hiring lists. In this case, however, they'll have two separate ones, depending on which faction they're hired for.

Yes. Like all Henchmen, they'll have limited hiring lists. In this case, however, they'll have two separate ones, depending on which faction they're hired for.

True and I do really like this idea. It will cause a lot of faction bleed however (Which fits the theme of Malifaux) let's take the guild/resurrectionist, most Likely it would be a 'rogue' Death Marshel, that practices necromancy. That leaves us with a guild model practises necromancy and a resurrectionist death marshal.

True and I do really like this idea. It will cause a lot of faction bleed however (Which fits the theme of Malifaux) let's take the guild/resurrectionist, most Likely it would be a 'rogue' Death Marshel, that practices necromancy. That leaves us with a guild model practises necromancy and a resurrectionist death marshal.

Apparently anything "fits the theme of Malifaux" these days.

Also, lets take your example. A Death Marshal who is both Guild and Resurrectionist.

On his Red card, he's a ranged buffer who can take Death Marshals and maybe something else appropriate. On his Green Card, he looses his Peacebringer (cause that $$$$$$$$ identifies you as Guild right quick), and becomes a limited summoner who can take some appropriate zombies.

Now, both would share a number of abilities, but you'd have to completely disregard the setting to end up with someone flying a Ram flag who could summon zombies.

Apparently anything "fits the theme of Malifaux" these days.

Also, lets take your example. A Death Marshal who is both Guild and Resurrectionist.

On his Red card, he's a ranged buffer who can take Death Marshals and maybe something else appropriate. On his Green Card, he looses his Peacebringer (cause that $$$$$$$$ identifies you as Guild right quick), and becomes a limited summoner who can take some appropriate zombies.

Now, both would share a number of abilities, but you'd have to completely disregard the setting to end up with someone flying a Ram flag who could summon zombies.

I think two sets of rules would counter intuitive, I think one rules set would be better, or it would just seem like two different yet similar models for two different factions.

While I love the idea of using Indians, which would be awesome. The thing that attracted me to Malifaux was the cowboys and there haven't been any new ones really. And with so much you could base on history, I think the Freikorps are based on the Pinkertons, with that in mind I'd really like to see version of real people. Billy the Kid or the James brothers for the outcasts, Wyatt Earp for the guild, Davy Crockett or Daniel Boon for the Arcanists, hell even a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood riff would be great. Going a step or two to the side a version of the Lone Ranger and Tonto or Zorro, American Tall tales of Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, or John Henry. Heck Johnny Appleseed would make a tremendous Arcanist bringing plants to life to punish people for destroying the land.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the story advance and maybe promote some existing models, Francisco gets his own grew. Rusty Alice strikes out on her own...

And of course a circus or carnival crew would be spectacular.

@Grantt - I would love to have a tabletop game where you could play around with time, and perhaps go back to an earlier Turn and alter the flow of events, but given the kind of record-keeping that seems to require it looks like it is the sole preserve of computer games for now. I keep coming back to it as a game mechanic, though. It is intruiging.

Very much agreed in every sense!

I guess rather than reversing turns, etc, maybe have Time manipulation as a method of controlling activation, not only of your own crew, but of your opponents? It would have to be pretty hard to do, as that would destroy enemy plans! Buffs and debuffs could be described as looking into the future (for accurate strikes), phasing in and out of time (for improved armour, slow to die, etc) and so on.

Possibly affect the length of an encounter? I dunno.

Apologies about the late reply!

I think two sets of rules would counter intuitive, I think one rules set would be better, or it would just seem like two different yet similar models for two different factions.

I think faction bleed would really grow the game and offer so much characterful choice. I agree that there should be just one card, though.

Like the rogue Death Marshal idea; brings limited summoning to Guild factions and ranged support to Resurrectionists.

I came up with a Guild/Neverborn master/henchman earlier in the thread like this; made with Neverborn energies to be a super-soldier, yet this has back-fired and made him a bit untrustworthy. Combines Guild ranged attack and buffing with Neverborn ferocity. Being able to use him in both factions would be cool.

We already have Leveticus (arc & Rez) and Hoffman (guild & arc) so the precedent is there.

Don't know about a new master but would love to see another Gremlin Henchman:

This time a couple of Gremlins inspired by Ophelia's take on Perdita and how much of a hit that was. In looking for someone to emulate they got to observe a Lelu and Lelitu. They dress up in costumes and call themselves "Malicious and Delicious"

That would freaking rock!

Great thread! Lots of really neat ideas here everyone.

Edited by Seventeen

I'd kind of like to see a music-themed crew, maybe for Arcanist special forces. The Henchman could be a conductor who channels the sound of battle into music. I think you could have some interesting play styles.

Individual musicians could give various buffs/debuffs (play uptempo to give allies Fast, play downtempo to give enemies slow, play the right tune to give showgirls a casting bonus on Siren Call).

The Conductor could have an interesting mechanic where you choose a type of music that he conducts, with minions changing their abilities and traits depending upon the type of music.