Tester Selection

EricJ

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to drop a line and let people know about tester selection, and some minor changes we're making.

First, due to the so far overwhelming response and number of applications in the last 20 hours or so, I've decided to move up the cut-off date to Feb 20 at midnight (GMT -8). The fact is I already have more apps than I was anticipating!

Second, due to the number of applications, we're revised our selection process some. We will be selecting a few key applicants, (people we've tested with before, those who hit key demographics we want, etc...), and the rest of the testers will be drawn randomly from qualified applicants. I'm just letting you know, because it's not personal or a popularity thing! Although bribes probably would help (kidding!!!!).

Thanks for all the interest and excitement all!

Eric

yeah, basically the chosen one will be the playtest liaison, and post the results/feedback to playtest from your group. I would however be open to swapping that person from within a group. So if you all apply, and your most busy/least talkative person gets selected, you as a group will be able to send me a note to switch out the person for unemployed guy with nothing but time on his hands to post detailed feedback (for example) :D

For demographic, I live in West Midlands, England for roughly half of the play testing period and South West Scotland for the other half, plus I study at a university full of filmmakers, engineers and game designers, who all love to geek it out every now and then (pitting the the game mechanics up to the test against sober and drunk students). Plus there's plenty of girls who could play a miniature/card game for the first time purely based on how adorable the minis are. Basically I know a lot of people who do technical stuff (computer programming, film technology) and people who are going into theatre (actors, friends from home where theatre is very popular). All in all I think I'm suited - like a lot of people here - to branch out from people I know would enjoy the game to ten times that many people who would likely never play a miniature game without a little push. Puppets have a lot of push in them. Plus who can argue with Wyrd Miniatures prices....

.... So how much are these little buggers gonna cost me?