Crew Creator (Sheer Madness)

Ratty

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ratty sent a PM but it may get lost through the Breach so I am posting it here as well..........

Hey Ratty, my essence of power and Zoraida question came up as I was messing around on your crew creator page, and it just dawned on me that Essence of Power is a spirit. Zoraida can only hire "living" models from other factions. And right now you have the essence of power as a totem option for Zoraida.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hey Ratty sent a PM but it may get lost through the Breach so I am posting it here as well..........

Hey Ratty, my essence of power and Zoraida question came up as I was messing around on your crew creator page, and it just dawned on me that Essence of Power is a spirit. Zoraida can only hire "living" models from other factions. And right now you have the essence of power as a totem option for Zoraida.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

The essence is living

Also is Zoraida bound by the rule limit of other factions only hiring 2 mercenaries or does her Enthrall rule override that?

Yes she is. However I think you might be getting the mercenary rule slightly wrong. You can hire any number of out of faction models. You only need to start counting them if they are out of faction & mercenary. Eg Kirai can hire Spirits out of faction for no additional cost. You could hire any number of Insidious Madness (well up to the rare limit) and still hire 2 Mercenaries, however if you hire Jack Daw he is out of faction and a Mercenary so even though you get him for 9ss he counts as 1 of your 2 Mercenaries.

Yes she is. However I think you might be getting the mercenary rule slightly wrong. You can hire any number of out of faction models. You only need to start counting them if they are out of faction & mercenary. Eg Kirai can hire Spirits out of faction for no additional cost. You could hire any number of Insidious Madness (well up to the rare limit) and still hire 2 Mercenaries, however if you hire Jack Daw he is out of faction and a Mercenary so even though you get him for 9ss he counts as 1 of your 2 Mercenaries.

Wow.................I never thought of it that way..........so the mercenary rule is still riding in the background despite her enthrall rule

Don't worry I know it's not the easiest thing to get your head round, I had a long chat when I was working on this bit of the Crew Creator.

To keep it simple, there are 2 things you need to check. It only counts for limits if it checks both the criteria.

1. Is it a Mercenary
  2. Is it out of Faction

Colette hiring a performer would fulfill criteria 1. but not criteria 2. so it would not count for the limit.

One of my aims when creating it was to take this kind of headache away from new players and do all these little wierd calculations for them.

Edited by Ratty

• 4 months later...
Hmmm ...

somer thing i saw this night... playing around with the Builder one more Time

Isn´t Hoffman a M&Su Member...?

If so...

Should´nt he be able to hire Johan for 6 instead fof 7 SS?

Ok I haven't got the card in front of me, but... Does Hoff have a rule that allows him to hire M&SU at a discount? I thought he could only hire their constructs.

The only benefit I can see for him having M&SU is that he can join Colette in Brawls.

Ok I haven't got the card in front of me, but... Does Hoff have a rule that allows him to hire M&SU at a discount? I thought he could only hire their constructs.

Hoffman doesn't, but Johan has a rule that makes him cheaper when hired into crews with M&SU Members. On the face of it, he should cost 6SS when hired by Hoffman.