Hamlin+ levi = :)

Genetic

I cant wait for Hamlin the plagued to come out... We are doing a league where I play and the last 2 weeks are going to be brawls... I was originally planning on playing my dreamer crew with Zorada thrown in for support and some extra control..

But now I'm thinking of running Leveticus and Hamlin the plagued.. I think this will be a great team,,, All my SPA are no longer insignificant which will be really good for taking objectives.. that and drawing cards when people play control cards will be fun with my already large starting hand.. ( Rusty Alice) plus Leveticus drawing cards when successfully casting spells .. Um yes please....

If only Jack Daw or Molly could run in the crew I would cry so many happy tears.. Now I just need to come up with a list that will works well.. Im not sure if I should focus on Rats and Ratcatchers, or SPA... or should I go for balance between the 2?

What do you guys think?

I don't have my books to hand, but I seem to recall another thread about Levi and Hamelin running together... the upshot of it was that both of their hiring restrictions kick in when selecting a crew. This pretty much leaves you with a whole load of canine remains and very little else, which is a shame as I am going to have to get a new master and therefore buy into a new faction (probably Ramos) if I want to go brawling.

Well i just went threw both books and it looks like the models i could take are..

canine remains

necro punks

steampunk arachnids

steampunk abominations

wicked dolls

nix

mindless zombies

rusty alice.

I'm not sure about ryle thou.. his ability destructive impulse says he is insignificant till he kills something.

hmm the crew is a little more limited that i originally planed?

I'm actually very excited for Hamlin+Levi and I am currently planning on playing them a adepticon (provided the stolen come out in time). The list of models you can take are as follows.

Alyce

Nix

Stolen

Canine Remains

Alyce and Nix are both musts and combine to be 15ss, and I would leave 10ss out so that I can essentially guarantee the gather stones scheme, so that is a sizable chunk of points. Canine remains might not be anything special but they are quite useful for lowering Df and if you keep them near Hamlin they turn into rats anyway. You can still have SPA's you just have to turn your enemies into them.

But the real reason you will want to play Hamlin and Levi is their insane card control. You start the game with a 10 card hand (+1 for a brawl +2 for Alyce.) And you draw every time your opponent cheats. You also get cards for Levi's Disciplined caster trigger, sacrificing stolen with Hamlin, and Levi dying every turn.

-Heretic

@HopelessHeretic:

I too am thinking that Hamelin + Leveticus is a quite strong combo - albeit a very boring list.

Hamelin himself is quite strong and his biggest weakness is the lack of cards. Leveticus more than solves it for him.

The two combined is nothing less than a card-factory.

All this said I don't really like Brawls at all. Too many strong combos between Masters I think.

• 1 month later...

So, bringing this thread back for a question as this combo has been brought up again in other posts and it got me thinking.

If you were to brawl these two, whose Draw Cards rule would you follow?!

Levi draws cards whenever he casts a spell, and discards his whole hand when he dies.

Hamelin draws a card every time an opponent plays a card from their hand.

So would you basically have one massive control hand that you would have to discard almost every turn?

Also, on a side note. In Hamelin's Draw Phase section it reads "draw a control card every time your opponent plays a control card" or something like that. The key word is "plays", it doesn't say "Discards" or "Cheats from his/her hand". So does this mean that he gains a card every time an opponent's card ends up in his discard pile from his hand, or is it specific?