God NO, not more Leveticus questions

Bigmike

So Levi is one of my 7 masters and i have only played him a few times, once in his V1 form and now in his V3 form. I have a few questions about him

1. This is a dumb question but, is levi basically always stuck with slow. It seems like he Needs to die every turn.

2. Why do the hollow waifs have any one actions. Since they are always summoned, they have slow. Their ability says if they have 1 or more ap they have to take a walk action. Am i missing something here

3.when he dies, do all counters get removed from the table if he was the only grave robber on the field?

1. Check the updated V2 (V3 for Levi) cards (see topic in Wyrd Announcements section). Levi is not summoned, but placed so he does not suffer Slow. Besides, he would not have been Slow even with the old wording. Models receive Slow if they activate during the same round they are summoned, not for being summoned. Levi was summoned during the Closing Phase and never activates during the same round.

2. Waifs are not always summoned. If Levi and the Waif both survive a round, you don't get to summon it. Still, this makes no difference as the Waifs can never activate the same round they are summoned.

3. Counters are never removed from the board when a model is removed from play.

-Ropetus

Edited by Ropetus

What it Levi is the only Graverobber on the board - does he produce a corpse counter when he dies ?

Nope! Sadly he does not, so you either need to bring another Graverobber, rely on your opponent to, or just not worry about getting his counters =)

Yup on the Waif note, they are actually only summoned through his spell that can make them. Otherwise they are placed which is not the same thing as summon.

On a final note, if you have a V2 Levy card, just burn it. All the things on it were revoked and your better of helping make sure it never existed =D

Nope! Sadly he does not, so you either need to bring another Graverobber, rely on your opponent to, or just not worry about getting his counters =)

Yup on the Waif note, they are actually only summoned through his spell that can make them. Otherwise they are placed which is not the same thing as summon.

On a final note, if you have a V2 Levy card, just burn it. All the things on it were revoked and your better of helping make sure it never existed =D

Wording on the V2 cards says they are summoned. Unfortunetly with current rules they have the same do they have slow limbo that levi has had from day 1. We have no offical rule on this and can only hope that the rules changes will address this. Being as levi was changed to place to avoid this rule odds are the new rules will say summoned mobs have slow the next time they activate.

Wording on the V2 cards says they are summoned. Unfortunetly with current rules they have the same do they have slow limbo that levi has had from day 1. We have no offical rule on this and can only hope that the rules changes will address this. Being as levi was changed to place to avoid this rule odds are the new rules will say summoned mobs have slow the next time they activate.

The understood intention of all this keeps coming back to them not being slow. It keeps popping up again and again and again and consensus always seem to boil down to they should not be slow. So with no official ruling either way and reasons for both, flip a card or go with what seems to make most sense. To me it's that they would not be slow.

Also V2 Levy is like Fight Club, we do not speak of V2 Levy.

*waves hand* These are not the Droids you are looking for.

Edited by karn987

Cheers Karn. To be honest, that is the way I read it too, but a discussion in other thread made me doubt myself.

Heh, this has popped up a few times and it's always come back to that. The Corpse Counter comes into play when the model leaves play so there is no way he could leave one if he is the only Graverobber, timing just doesn't work.

???

Eternally Shackled and Shackled cause Waifs to be sacrificed and summoned.

V3 Leveticus

Eternally Shackled: If this model is killed or sacrificed during the turn, during the Closing Phase sacrifice a friendly Hollow Waif and Place this model into base contact with that model before it leaves play, then sacrifice all other

friendly Hollow Waifs in play. Discard your Hand and draw up to your Crew’s Maximum Hand Size.

V2 Hollow Waif

Shackled: Summon this model to a friendly Leveticus at the End Closing Phase if it was killed or sacrificed during the turn.

But it seems that because this is done during the closing phase of a turn they will never activate in they won't be Slow. I think using the word Placed instead of Summoned would cause less confusion, but for all I know could cause side effects in the rules somehow. Maybe in the future some ability could trigger off an opponent summoning a model.

. . . Models receive Slow if they activate during the same round they are summoned, not for being summoned. Levi was summoned during the Closing Phase and never activates during the same round.

-Ropetus

I'm glad this all got answered before my Leveticus is ready to hit the table. :D

awesome sauce guys, we were thinking slow stuck around, ugh i feel retarded. Also when i sent out all my cards to get v2 cars, and the stack was sizable. I got a.........V2 levi card back....noooooo. is there just no v3 card yet???

It has just come to our attention that the Leveticus Cards we had in house were incorrect ones, and we are rectifying the situation.

If your Leveticus card has a V2 on it, it is incorrect. It should say V3 on the card. ONLY Leveticus has this issue; none of the other cards will have any problems.

If anyone receives a package from us with the wrong Leveticus Card, please Email me with your name and address as well as the number of Leveticus cards you received that were incorrect at Zee@wyrd-games.net

Thank you.

Zee

... is irrelevant as Leveticus is V3 now. Besides, Summoning only Slows until the end of the turn. The Hollow Waif(s) and Levi are Summoned at the Close Phase and are free to move normally when the next turn starts.

Doh! Ninja'd by Karn.

I was talking about the waif V2 card not levi. The waif says summoned. I agree with karn that they dont have slow however I was just pointing out that the question has come up many times with out a clear result. The v2 waif card did not change the reason it is a question as it still says summons.

???

Eternally Shackled and Shackled cause Waifs to be sacrificed and summoned.

Blah fine, that's what I get from working from memory heh. They are effectively placed for most other cases so I barely even register that they are summoned unless there is something else triggering off of it.

What was so wrong about V2 Levictus?

I don't have his card, but it sounds really bad in V2?

I would not even bother man, it was a horrible mistake and its gone now. We are best to just ever forget it existed and what was on it. Only V3 Levy matters.

But if you much know, you should be able to hunt down a thread or two on the forums about it because it spawned a forum rage fest. But the Jist of it was that when Levy respawns, his Waif won't respawn with him forcing you to constantly create new ones all game long. I think there were a few other things... but yeah, was not good.

But again, only V3 Levy matters and V2 should pretty much be torn up and burned if you have one.

Blah fine, that's what I get from working from memory heh. They are effectively placed for most other cases so I barely even register that they are summoned unless there is something else triggering off of it.

The human mind tends to interpret/simplify things to remember it and most of the time important details are not lost. As far as I can tell the game wouldn't be any different if they were placed.

Still, I'm a nuts and bolts kinda guy. :D

What was so wrong about V2 Levictus?

I don't have his card, but it sounds really bad in V2?

V2 Leveticus had him replace the Waif. This caused several issues.

1) Waifs only get summoned back if they are Killed or Sacrificed, but not when they are replaced; this permanently reduces the Waif population. Spirit, Nightmare, and Construct heavy crews usually don't provide anything to make a new Waif from. Nobody who plays Leveticus wants to make healing flips just to keep him alive.

2) Wounds inflicted and game effects inflicted on the Waif are transfered to Leveticus.

Edited by MrNybbles
Added response to zKoTTe