Boothdom's minis - Witch Hunters done!

boothdom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Base question though - how did you do the cobblestones on the base - are they painted on?

The cobble bit of the bases are plasticard with a slight relief cobble pattern on. The detail is fairly slight, only 0.1-0.2mm, but it's enough so they're a bit easier to paint than complete free-hand.

Thanks,

Dom

grand job!!:bigthumb:

fantastic work!!!!

Okay, no ill intentions here..

But you're pretty much spamming the boards with one liners such as those..

And two of them in this thread even.. With no people to have said anything since your last post..

I'm a little confuzzled as to why?

Ah.. Here I'm playing the grumpy old man again. Sorry :(

But he's right - the work here is pretty fantastic.. I like the unifying green theme - especially how it plays out with the Purifying Flame :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hadn't managed to do anything for a couple of weeks due to a pretty frantic time at work, but finished this off yesterday:

Executioner.jpg

Didn't love painting this model, which is odd as it's probably my favourite Guild sculpt from the first book. Lots of large flat areas. I suppose I could have gone to town with the freehand, but I need this and 2 Austringers done for next weekend so it was a "get it done" scenario.

Anyway, hope you like it.

Dom

Excellent, excellent, excellent work! If I had any point of constructive criticism to give, it would be that the Purifying Flame seems to get lost in the shuffle, the light green flames and bleached bones don't contrast very strongly even amongst themselves and seem to get lost in the colors of the entire crew. I'd wished for the flames to stand out a bit more.

But! I couldn't paint that if you gave me a year per model, so what am I to say really? :D

Bashed out a Govenor's Proxy this evening. 4 hours from bare metal to finished, based and varnished.

GovenorsProxy.jpg

Pretty pleased with him for the time he took. I took WIP shots every 30mins too, so I'll compile them and post them tomorrow.

I'm itching to start a new crew, but I still have 2 Guild Gaurd and a Peacekeeper to go for the Guild before I rest them for a while, so expect pics of those soon.

Hope you like him!

Cheers,

Dom

• 4 months later...