Hi from SW England

Gollum9

Hi all,

I am just looking at getting into the game and also wondering if there are any other players in SW England (particuarly near Plymouth).

I am interested in getting the Bayou crew so will be reading a few articles soon i'm sure!

The only thing that puts me off the game slightly are the number of Errata/FAQ. Dos this make the game difficult to get into, especially bearing in mind I may be doing so with no other experienced players in the area?

All the best and thanks in advance for any help,

Adam

Hello there,

check this thread out, it lists people on here by location.... I noticed that there were a couple of people in the South West, so you may be in luck.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6986&page=30

I never had a problem getting into the game with all the errata / faqs floating around. They help to tidy things up, but the underlying mechanics of the game don't change. I started playing using the rules from the book and when I got comfortable with the basics I started dipping into the errata's.

Also Wyrd are soon releasing a new rule book which will feature all of the updates in one handy tome and a slim line version will be available as a free pdf to download too. There is no release date yet, but it will be "soon".... If you haven't done so already, then I would try to get a copy of the first rulebook so that you can start learning the basics and maybe even try to get a couple of games in, as playing is the best way to pick up the rules.

Welcome on board !

The new book is just a rules manual, basically a smaller handbook with all the updated and cleaned up rules. The main rulebook is still where you'll have to go for fluff and the complete list of book 1 models...of course then there is book 2 with more of all that stuff :D

Anyway, welcome to Wyrd and great to have you on the forums!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind welcomes! Seems like there is a really helpful and positive community here :)

Keep changing my mind on what to start with and am now thinking about Neverborn. Would Lillith be a good place to start? The only thing that worries me is that if all of the Nephalim are going to be growing into others, am I going to need to buy a large number of models for a small crew? Same question I guess with the Resurrectionists as to whether I will need to buy a lot of extra models to raise?

The benefit of Lillith is that I would be able to use some of the models in the ultimate plan which is to get The Dreamer. Thinking that may not be a good crew to start with though!

Thanks for the help :)

Hey fellas, I'm from Brixham and in Plymouth quite alot. Definately fancy meeting up as I've also just aquired a couple of crews, went with Criid and McMourning theyre painted up and ready to rock! also just built a simple 3x3 board. I've pm'd you Golum and Devilshot/ Hopefully catch up soon:)