Raspy 35ss list. Comments please!

Tpenksa

Ok so I got a bunch of new models for Xmas and I have a new idea I wanted to try. Please let me know what you guys think:

Raspy

Essence of Power 2ss

Decemeber Acolyte 6ss

Convict Gunslinger 6ss

Sabertooth Cerebrus (I'm out of town and don't have the book =( ) 8ss ?

Ice Gamin x3 12ss

Total Spent = 34ss

SS Pool = 5

My other idea is possibly switching out an ice gamin for an additional SS and Desperate Merc...

The overall idea is the Acolyte "infiltrates" onto the opponents side harassing to give Raspy a chance to move up and more importantly tagging terrain/treasure (depending on schemes + strategy). The Sabertooth provides speed and the ability to "leap" to catch up with the Acolyte as well as also help cap different obj. The Gunslinger will move up with an Ice Gamin to provide a bulletstorm with [in a perfect world] Raspy giving him Frozen Heart and the Gamin there to boost his damage with Bite of Winter. The other Ice Gamin will help body guard Raspy and provide her with damage boosts as well. The Gunslinger + 2nd Ice Gamin will still remain within a short range to support anything sneaking up on Raspy.

I will probably drop my third Gamin for a Merc or even a Moleman (to bodyguard as well) mainly as I don't know what else to do with him + my third Gamin (first one I painted) looks pretty crappy.

Anyway let me know what you all think, thanks!

Yeeeah. Rasputina simply doesn't need a convict gunslinger.

She just doesn't. What I would pick for the rest of the crew depends on the mission.

Molemen are generally better for defensive missions, such as 'Line in the Sand' as defender or other stuff.

Ice Gamin are better for stuff like slaughter, because you can rush them up and then explode them with December's Curse after they charge an enemy.

After a few decisions like these, it mostly depends on your play style.

I just got Raspy for Christmas as well. So I'm looking at this for my first crew:

Silent One x2 12

Gamin x2 8

Golem 9

Essence of Power 2

31 SS, leaving me with an 8 SS cache.

Haven't decided if I should run the 3rd Gamin or not, or work something else in with those last few points. The Silent Ones are just too awesome to not play, especially since you can spread out a little bit, and give Raspy an absolutely brutal threat range with her spells.

I'm going to pick up an Acolyte as well, but I really don't expect to play him very often, except for maybe rare occasions for objective grabbing. The problem is that as soon as you move him toward the objective, then the benefits of "From the Shadows" goes away and he gets pummeled. So, I don't know.

I have not played with the silent ones yet, but just picked up 2 last week. I was thinking about keeping the Acolyte with my crew, specifically within 3 inches of the Silent Ones. I figure a 15 inch Harpoon puts him in an interesting category. Specifically to be able to pull another model 4 inches closer to Raspy's spells and inflict slow on them would be nice.

My challenges with From the Shadows are that it does not block walking into melee range and smacking him around. It also does not block spells unless they are ranged spells. I rarely get the change for my Acolyte to be effective if I do not keep him with my crew.

My challenges with From the Shadows are that it does not block walking into melee range and smacking him around. It also does not block spells unless they are ranged spells. I rarely get the change for my Acolyte to be effective if I do not keep him with my crew.

Yeah, that's about what I had noticed as well. Especially since even doing a Walk action will negate the protection from From the Shadows.

I hadn't thought about the range increase from the Silent Ones though on the Acolyte's Harpoon. That would certainly work nicely!