The Arcanist Wishlist

The Zinc Lich

Okay, so we are two books in. I, personally, am the kind of person that gets terrible faction envy, so seeing all the new toys everyone else is putting on the table means that I have spent a lot of time thinking about the kinds of things that I would like to see come out in the third book. So, fellow Arcanists, I am starting this thread to see if you have any ideas for stuff you would like to see. My ideas are:

1) a minion with the Mature Nephilim's Carry spell. Ramos, Rasputina and Marcus all have trouble moving around, either being unable to keep up with fast paced armies, or, in Marcus' case, having their army keep up with them. Having, I don't know, a mini-steampunk zeppelin would be HUGE, in my opinion. I've heard of people running Ramos in a December crew just so that the Snowstorm can drag him around.

2) A model that can give friendly models "Showgirl". I know this one is really, really unlikely, but it feels like Collette's girls are a separate faction, moreso than the ACTUAL special forces list. At least the cult of December models have ways of giving out Frozen Heart.

3) More models that provide burning counters. This is something that I expect for the next book, as it is titled "special forces", and burning counters are Kaeris' entire bag of tricks. Right now she is hampered as a leader by having to start all of her fires by herself. You'd think that someone would pick up a Flammenwerfer from the Freikorps and staple it to a steampunk arachnid or something.

I would personally like to see more models have the 'Beast' characteristic attached to them.

I was disappointed to find that the Pigs and Rats are not classified as beasts. (But the Lawyer is, hehe)

Ramos can pretty much take about half of the models in the game now, and Marcus is feeling lonely in his little corner.

Also, I would hope for a new master with less specialization (It's pretty hard to mix and match arcanist models between masters simply because they are so specifically made).

Maybe a master that has more specifically attack/defense spells and (+2)Casting Master.

Some kind of Sorcerer dude.

Okay, so we are two books in. I, personally, am the kind of person that gets terrible faction envy, so seeing all the new toys everyone else is putting on the table means that I have spent a lot of time thinking about the kinds of things that I would like to see come out in the third book. So, fellow Arcanists, I am starting this thread to see if you have any ideas for stuff you would like to see. My ideas are:

1) a minion with the Mature Nephilim's Carry spell. Ramos, Rasputina and Marcus all have trouble moving around, either being unable to keep up with fast paced armies, or, in Marcus' case, having their army keep up with them. Having, I don't know, a mini-steampunk zeppelin would be HUGE, in my opinion. I've heard of people running Ramos in a December crew just so that the Snowstorm can drag him around.

2) A model that can give friendly models "Showgirl". I know this one is really, really unlikely, but it feels like Collette's girls are a separate faction, moreso than the ACTUAL special forces list. At least the cult of December models have ways of giving out Frozen Heart.

3) More models that provide burning counters. This is something that I expect for the next book, as it is titled "special forces", and burning counters are Kaeris' entire bag of tricks. Right now she is hampered as a leader by having to start all of her fires by herself. You'd think that someone would pick up a Flammenwerfer from the Freikorps and staple it to a steampunk arachnid or something.

2.) I think this is very unlikely, although if it did come off, it would lead to some hilarious painting opportunities..... I would love to see someone convert Ramos to be wearing a pretty dress and painted to be covered in make-up :)

3.) I think it is a given that Kaeris will be given a lot minions in book 3. I think I have read somewhere that Marcus will get more attention as well, although that could just be in the fluff.

I'm not saying I have any idea. But I believe common sense would dictate unless when one faction does they all get a model with it.

Currently the only things with master(insert ability) are swarm models and a few beasts and not any of them are that dangerous. Or the problem that the beasts have is they whack a model and are then left standing all out in the open.

Having a master with the ability if they have a high stat for whatever their master is coupled with ss usuage in my humble opinion would be very unbecoming. The game in my opinion would come down to what master you brought and not really at all about selecting a good crew for your strategies/schemes. It essentially would boil down to master kills half a crew and your peons go claim something.

Now that being said if the master in question had a subpar (for masters stat) with said ability it would be far more tolerable and not as broken. Because then you wouldn't be looking at a master in one activation capping like 2-3 models with no real chance to stop it (this in my opinion would be mainly ranged masters or casting masters, melee would probably only be able to get tops 2 models due to having to walk/charge unless the opponent was brain dead and rushed in like 5 things at him/her).

2.) I think this is very unlikely, although if it did come off, it would lead to some hilarious painting opportunities..... I would love to see someone convert Ramos to be wearing a pretty dress and painted to be covered in make-up :)

3.) I think it is a given that Kaeris will be given a lot minions in book 3. I think I have read somewhere that Marcus will get more attention as well, although that could just be in the fluff.

Actually, I was sitting around talking with some of my Malifaux buddies, and I think it would be cool (and thematic!) to have a showgirl liontamer. Having something that could buff both beasts and showgirls would be a neat way of cross-pollinating Marcus support and Collette support.

That, and I like the idea of going "SURPRISE! Colette is now a Cerberus!"