Using the Manniquins

Mawdrigen

I'm obviously missing something with regards to the manniquins that come along with the showgirls.

The Link is good as it keeps them up with the girls they are supposed to be helping, but I'm at a bit of a loss with beautiful clothes and it's triggers.

Given the Manniquins are Slow, and you need a :tomes to Cast beautiful clothes, how do you ever trigger the other results? If they were not slow they could tricks of the trade a soulstone to get the :tomes, then cast it I guess, or give themselves use soulstone...

How are people using the Manniquins because at the moment they are pretty much just along for the ride in my games! They are unkillable (or nearly so) but do very very little.

Edited by Mawdrigen

The guy in our gaming club uses them to help things disappear, basically link to Colette,

then say Cassandra is surrounded an going to die, Colette swaps in with cassi, and then swaps with the mani, at the end of Colettes activation the mani snaps back. leaving ur opponent with nothing to beat dwn on in combat.

2nd beautiful cloths doesn't require a suit to cast just that you beat 11 with the cast, then whatever you then get suit wise u get a trigger.

3rd Mirrors is amazing, granted its not the easiest spell to get off, but since ur def stats on ur show grils are pretty good and most can use ss, ur opponent doesn't even get his weak damage turning tough units into TANKS!

4th tricks of the Trade can be very good, discard 1 ss or them (so u have options even if ur running low on ss) and a healing flip can save ur ass, or even +:masks lets Colette trigger Death Defying with any 6. Can save ur master if you've got a poor hand.

Another use of the Mannequin is to Companion the showgirls - they can Companion any showgirl within 6", which basically means you can, with a little planning, activate Colette, Cassandra, the Performer, the Mannequin and the Coryphee Duet all at the same time - either to get them all out of trouble, or to grab an objective on turn 1 (eg the Bag of Soulstones feature, or the Shared Treasure Hunt strategy), or simply to mob something big and nasty that's heading your way.

But, as others have said, don't Link to the Performer, it's not that useful. At 30ss I run Colette, Cassandra, 2 Coryphees (I almost invariably Duet them on turn one and keep them that way for the entire game) and a Performer / Mannequin and usually Link the Mannequin to Colette (as Alondir said, you can use the combination to bounce the girls out of an unpleasant combat). If I manage to get the Mannequin Replacement trigger of for Disappearing Act and get a second Mannequin, I usually Link that to Cassie