Malifaux counters and GF9

keeperofgrudges

Does anyone know if this is under development?

I'd love to see some game specific counters for Malifaux - maybe Gale Force 9 could help support. Just seems like the kind of game that would benefit from it with so many activations and out of activation effects and continuous effects, auras, blasts, AOEs, etc...

Probably already in the works and I just don't know about it :)

If you have your cards laminated, you can just write whatever the effect is on the relevant stat. I haven't found an urgent need for tokens, but I could see them being needed for Brawls.

Having tokens you can lie next to your models is less of a *need* and more of a *courtesy* I find.

Malifaux has grown so much in the past two years, we now have not only multiple masters, but so many minions around them and almost every has some unique effects. It's very hard to trace, especially if you face a new master/crew and the notes on opponents' cards are nowhere as legible or accessible as tokens on the table.

Having tokens you can lie next to your models is less of a *need* and more of a *courtesy* I find.

Malifaux has grown so much in the past two years, we now have not only multiple masters, but so many minions around them and almost every has some unique effects. It's very hard to trace, especially if you face a new master/crew and the notes on opponents' cards are nowhere as legible or accessible as tokens on the table.

Have to agree with you here. It is not exactly easy for an opponent to remember what is written on your cards and it opens up issues if you were to innocently forget to point out that there is an effect on one of your models.

For the more common counters such as corpse counters just use any extra bases you have lying around. I have gravestones on mine but you could just paint a bunch of bases different colours for the tokens you need.

Or if you have different colour soulstones then why not use them, red = blood counters etc. Heck I have seen someone use Jelly beans as tokens/soulstones and eat them as they get used/discarded. Useful and tasty!

GF9 does have a really nice set of 'Deployment Zone' markers. They come in a translucent green or blue and are really nice for setting out at the beginning of a match, and then leaving them there in case there are any objectives which require being in a deployment zone, or across the center of the map, things like that.

Otherwise, I find that my laminated cards, a marker, and the occasional 30mm base or a stone token have worked just fine.

Ratty's counters are awesome!

For me the counter usage is mandatory with things like Corpse and Scrap counters. For effects, they are as much a courtesy to your opponent as they are a reminder to you. It's easy to forget a model is slowed or otherwise affect by things like Pacify and Incite. Counters make everyone's life easier and keep people from making innocent mistakes. I use them copiously.

Litko Aero is a pretty good company, you can order custom tokens and they have a good variety available. I have ordered laser cut movement trays (for Warhammer) from them and I'm very pleased with the quality. Depending on what your used to price is mid-high range. The variety is good, 30 shapes, 19 colors and up to 12 characters.

http://www.litkoaero.com/

If you need more faction-specific tokens/counters, I have some here. Didn't get a chance to do the Book 2 stuff, and it's not a complete set, but a lot of faction abilities should be accounted for. Haven't had much Malifaux time lately, or I'd have gotten these done.

http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/downloads/malifaux/misc/Malifaux%20WIP%20Tokens.pdf