In A Mood...

Absolution Black

Ok, today i am officially having a grump! I am new to Malifaux and ordered the rulebooks a couple of weeks ago so that I could have a good read over xmas and get going in the new year.

Just checked my order and apparently the rulebooks are out of stock at the supplier, so who knows how long I will have to wait now.

Anyway, Not really an important fact in the scheme of things, but I needed to get it off my chest.

I hope you are all having better days!

* heads to the nearest saloon for a drink and some pleasant female company *

;)

Well I too am in a mood. I am ill and stuck in a snowbound house.

On a Malifaux related grump, I had ordered a Malifaux Battlefoam bag nearly two months ago from a webstore here in the UK, and it has still not arrived.

Bad times all round.

Edit: The books will be well worth the wait. They are both very good indeed IMHO.

Edited by Chucklemonkey

Yep, ordered from maelstrom. They were showing as 'order more stock' when I ordered them, so wasn't expecting them asap, but now the status has changed.

Never had a problem with Maelstrom before in two years of purchasing so I'm not too worried (yet), will give it a week or so and then chase it up!

I get nothing but problems with them and really don't know why I bother.

1st order (Killer Kanz & Nobz) Didn't arrive had to be resent and I got item 1 month after ordering

2nd order - fine

3rd order - a couple of magazines and a doppleganger - they didnt bother to package the doppleganger

4th other - current one that they are dragging feet with.

I get nothing but problems with them and really don't know why I bother.

1st order (Killer Kanz & Nobz) Didn't arrive had to be resent and I got item 1 month after ordering

2nd order - fine

3rd order - a couple of magazines and a doppleganger - they didnt bother to package the doppleganger

4th other - current one that they are dragging feet with.

That really surprises me, as I have had few problems whatsoever, yes some orders have taken a week or two to arrive but a lot of the stuff has been out of stock when I ordered it. And that includes WH40k stuff, Warhammer, freebooter's fate etc!

Guess it just depends. I have had one order where they packed sniper scouts instead of regular dudes, but I emailed them and sent the box back, they sent out the correct one and refunded me postage.

And a valkyrie never turned up three weeks after I ordered it, yet was showing as despatched. I emailed again and a replacement was with me within two days!

If you're not happy, drop them an email and hopefully they can at least let you know for the delay.

Well, I ordered on behalf of someone looking to buy me a birthday present but yes, they are somewhat on the serious side of a price scale for a bag.

If you are able to cancel and get your money back I would strongly recommend trying a KR Multicase.

http://www.krmulticase.co.uk/

The who runs it is brilliant, the quality is excellent and the shipping aside from free is so damned quick. I picked up a kaiser 1 for my malifaux stuff. It holds enough for my Battlefleet gothic fleet, several gangs with large models and my blodbowl team.

Oh and it survived having my video game shelf come off of the wall and collapse onto it leaving every model still in take with little damage.

Providing you order before 1500 he will 9/10 despatch the same day and it will be with you the following day.

That really surprises me, as I have had few problems whatsoever, yes some orders have taken a week or two to arrive but a lot of the stuff has been out of stock when I ordered it. And that includes WH40k stuff, Warhammer, freebooter's fate etc!

Guess it just depends. I have had one order where they packed sniper scouts instead of regular dudes, but I emailed them and sent the box back, they sent out the correct one and refunded me postage.

And a valkyrie never turned up three weeks after I ordered it, yet was showing as despatched. I emailed again and a replacement was with me within two days!

If you're not happy, drop them an email and hopefully they can at least let you know for the delay.

The problem is i know why the delay is. It took so bloody long to process that some of my items are out of stock! I knew i should have used firestorm games lol

Maelstrom have always been very good at getting orders to me. Even when they are out of stock of certain pieces in an order they have no problem splitting the order and sending what is available.

Just drop them a line and see what they say.

And yes the books are definitely worth the wait.

D.

A friend of myn has been dwn to Maelstrom recently and its completely snowed in, as its on a mainly industrial estate its not big concern of the council to clear the snow.

+ theres a big backlog in the post office,

who are also not sending vans down to pick up orders, have faith good people if Malifaux there doing the best they can to get the stock out.

Just like me, but waiting always makes the product that much more satisfying when you get it :D

I have been beset with delayed orders from Wayland and Maestrom, and for anything I want in a reasonable time frame I just go to my LGS, but ofc not everyone is as lucky to have one.

I am afraid the price we pay for cheaper minis is the length we wait. I good tactic is to only buy what you can on their ebay stores as that stuff is always in stock and will be sent out asap.

http://www.krmulticase.co.uk/

The who runs it is brilliant, the quality is excellent and the shipping aside from free is so damned quick. I picked up a kaiser 1 for my malifaux stuff. It holds enough for my Battlefleet gothic fleet, several gangs with large models and my blodbowl team。

Just a small off topic question - which trays do you use for your BFG fleet, and what fleet do you play? My Imperial Navy is looking for a safe way to travel the warp...

I have an ork fleet and get my stuff in one V2H (Half tray) That holds my battleship, 4 terror ships, 2 kill kroozers and 6 ravegers. These are stored with their bases off and they tuck in nicely to each slot alongside their respective ship.

If you drop a query to Daryl who runs the company with your fleet list he will be able to recommend the right tray for you: sales@krmulticase.co.uk

I myself wouldn't even sniff at battlefoam after how good I have found these cases.

Good news, yesterday I was informed that my order had been dispatched so Maelstrom is likely working through their back log now.

Yay!! * does spinny dance *

But then again, when did you order?

Still showing out of stock at the supplier on Maelstrom :(

I wants my books!!

*stomps around in a rather pointless tantrum *

I have had both good and bad experiences with Maelstrom. Some cases I ge the items the next day, others they are delayed up to a month. I have a friend who wanted a limited edition model, shown in stock for up to a week after the order was placed, then he was told it was out and they couldnt fill his order. In my case I have had delays due to stock, but whenever I email them to chase them up it gets sorted straight away, and sent out in parts if needed. Ignore the Processing/Packing/Dispatched message. I have worked out that this manually updated, so almost every order I make gets changed to dispatched a day after I receive it.

I think Maelstrom are just so busy so they cannot attend to each order personally, and track everything. Whenever I speak to them they are very helpful, so I don't begrudge them too much. Be careful about the "out of stock with supplier", that is a default message for delays in ordering no matter what they are, it has been stated before with Wyrd and other companies that they have stock, but no orders placed, just look back at the rising power releases and all the threads from them. All in all Maelstrom are good, but you might need to do some chasing, just get on the phone/email to them.

KR Cases are amazing. I just did a big order for our club and am very happy with them. Daryl is fantastic for providing help and advice, and the quality of the product is very good. They have even done ones tailored to Malifaux (I ordered the MX3)