hello from wales

cyberakuma

well south wales and I have to ask is there anyone near that plays malifaux? i picked up a box of the showgirls purely to paint but after joining the boards yesterday i could easily be tempted to play (probably not the best crew to start with from what i've read but oh well they looked purdy)

no idea of the rules really i'd really like to try a demo game but with cardiff gaming now closed and the new one across the arcade looking like it's mainly board games and card games and no miniature games i'm not sure where would be the best place to start i'm thinking i'll probably be stuck painting til i get myself back to brighton

avoid the quarrantine zone...i live in merthyr it is the quarrantine zone...anyone that's ever been to abercanaid knows how similar it is the world of resident evil 4

but cheers hopefully will be able to start playing soon but first i need to get them painted and based, having an insane thought about fly wheels and cogs form old watches covered in vallejo still water/clear resin for the bases so it may take a while to get them ready for a scrap.

and i can see some other welshy's on here so there's got to be somewhere running a game or two

::facepalm::

What is wrong with the game stores around the worlds? Tell these n00bs not to get Collette as thier first box! It won't end well! It won't end wellllllllllllllllllll!!!!

um game stores didn't really have a say in the matter since i saw the miniatures in collette's boxset and wanted to paint them...and had no real interest in playing the game until after i'd gotten the box and come on here because the box was a mispack and started reading more about the game

and for that matter i've never taken the advice of a game store on what to buy or i'd be playing magic and warhammer still...and flying kites...yep cardiff had a weird game store

um game stores didn't really have a say in the matter since i saw the miniatures in collette's boxset and wanted to paint them...and had no real interest in playing the game until after i'd gotten the box and come on here because the box was a mispack and started reading more about the game

and for that matter i've never taken the advice of a game store on what to buy or i'd be playing magic and warhammer still...and flying kites...yep cardiff had a weird game store

My friend began with Collette because, well, he liked the models. And he absolutely hated actually playing her. She's just problematic, especially for someone new. So, he's moved on the the Viktorias and other, greener pastures while I bemoan everyone who picks Collette (and Pandora) as thier first crews; an increasingly large statistic.

spending a large sum on miniatures to paint my first instint was to get miniatures i wanted to paint, not pick a more learner friendly crew to learn how to play a game I didn't intend on learning how to play and if after playing a game i see them as problematic i'll probably pick up the next lot i want to paint rasputina's crew who from what i've read should be less problematic to play

or maybe even ramos so i can have lots of mechanical constructs which if i'm not mistaken should play quite well if teamed up with Colette for a brawl

either way i'm sure i'll have fun painting the minis and playing the game which ever way i end up going

@cyber, do not worry, we have very weird and interesting characters around this forums like the good dr. amos and oozeboss just to mention a few, they mean well, you will know them with time. Anyway, my wife liked pandora, we read all the fuzz of her difficulty and she never mind, pandora was her master, she play her so well, that is very difficult for me to win, and is her favorite master, so paint, play and enjoy!