I can't make battle reports because I never remember what happened!

Soundwave

Myees, that's the case for me at least. Sometimes I take pictures, but since my memory is somewhat underperforming they never mean anything to me anyways, save for "heh, cool pic".

SO... I sat down this morning and made a Malifaux Battle Report Template . I'm going to try it out tomorrow, but figured I could just as well post it here straight away. Basically, it's a little sheet to help make battle reporting easier. One page for pre/post game info, the rest for turns, with the possibility to jot down interesting duels or just random happenings.

Here!

I guess it still has some kinks and stuff to poke out, but it's something. If you see something horribly unnecessary or something that's missing, feel free to let me know, since I'm betting it's far from optimal atm!

Special thanks to Ratty and his published fonts!

Very impressive- that must have taken a lot of time and effort,and it looks comprehensive.

It does not suit me, but I am sure others with wonky memories with appreciate it.

The way I do battle reports, usually the only thing I will note down is the name of my opponent (if I don't know him already), strats and schemes and the final result. In between, I just take lots of photos. If you take photos after deployment and regularly throughout each Turn, you will have all the information on armies and deployment and so on you need. To keep track of Turns, take a photo of your hand holding up however many fingers equal the new Turn. My memory is not ideal, but I find that this method ensures that when I look over the photos, it all comes back.

I realize that it might feel a bit overly comprehensive, but that was sort of the idea, to have the option to, without fuzz, jot down whatever neat craziness that happens and ignore the rest. :)

I'd never write down -every- duel of the game, just the ones of interest, hence the little box on the bottom of the turns page.

Very nice! I too have difficulty having enough information after a game to put together a nicely detailed after-action report (same with WoW). I too had thought about a template -- built one for a literature class where the exams were timed and essay -- and I will use yours now; no sense re-inventing the wheel. Yes it is very detailed, but one can just use the areas that are relevant to their style and ignore the rest.

Thanks!

hehe...

for small games I can usually remember enough to write the report. For larger games however I use a dictaphone (or the voice recorder mode on my phone) to record a blow by blow account of what is happening.

for example

"Gremlin 1 pushes up the right into cover of the small wall then shoots once at the ice golem, missing being reckless and shooting again."

I also usually take a picture at the end of each round.

I appreciate the attention to detail, but I think it's just too much info for my liking. Noting duel totals, cheats and cards that get flipped is way more than I care to document.

Granted, I could skip all that detail, but I think what this layout misses is a ready means of spotting the back-and-forth that Malifaux exudes. Reading down takes away from that. At least to me, anyways.

• 4 weeks later...