Levy Changed! (a thread by Lalo)

Justin

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voice concern but don't flame the company or the boards. If you disagree with the change, the best thing you can do is voice your concern politely and lay out reasons why you think this is wrong. But please, think before you hit that post button and don't make posts your going to regret.

This. Some of the tone coming from posts in other threads is bordering on nasty and is quite frankly counter productive.

Jumping right to flambe when some new player asks a question doesn't help anyone. Running off new players and inquisitive prospects doesn't help them, you or Wyrd.

Edited by The Green Git

Just a quick Idea, with this new change and a canine, is it not possible to do an endless loop and run out the the opposing players turn. Plus even with slow you would have the ability to have one action free to attack a enemy. In short you would kill the enemy in the first turn. Tell me if Im wrong.

I can't see it, explain what you mean?

1. So Leviticus has 8 wds.

2. Necrotic Walk, at 6 wds.

3. Deaths lesson, 3 wds left.

4. Some one else kills Leviticus, say Rusty Alice.

5. He shows up where the Waif is at but leaves a corpse counter because of the canine remains.

6. Leviticus first action Entropic transformation on Corpse counter Summon waif to Leviticus, 5 wds left.

7. Necrotic walk, 3 wds left.

8. 2 actions left if waif was not summoned this turn, 1 action if waif was summoned.

9 Deaths Lesson for 3 wds, Leviticus dies and replaces the summoned Waif, while leaving corpse counter because of canine.

10. Go to step 6.

Er.. don't want to say how many things are wrong with this.

For one he appears in the Closing Phase, so can't activate.

Also he replaces the Waif so she doesn't drop Corpse Counters.

Wyrd = Wyrd miniatures, the company which printed the V2 card.

Weird sketch spells his name, well, weird.

Sorry for the confusion.

Saying the source is from Wyrd is like saying it came from somewhere in the Universe, it doesn't narrow it down because everything Wyrd puts out (Stat cards, books, erratas, etc) is from Wyrd. Please change it to say something like 'Originally Posted by Leveticus V2 Stat Card' or something similar, or just get rid of that optional part of the quote tag.

I'm not seeing this as a big deal except against Nightmare-/Spirit-/Construct-heavy crews. This is mostly The Dreamer, Kirai, Raimos, Leveticus, and C. Hoffman. This is 5 out of 20 Masters.

If you include the current Henchmen then Collodi and Kaeris also command mostly constructs changing it to 7/25 crews who may not be leaving a lot of corpse counters.

The good news about Raimos, Leveticus, C. Hoffman, Collodi, and Kaeris is that they run mostly constructs which may be turned into Steampunk Abominations (via Leveticus' Entropic Transformation or Rusty Alyce's Willful Animation) which when killed can drop a Corpse Counter. Nightmares and Spirits usually won't provide such counters though.

If I go up against these crews then I'll try taking at least one Undead Graverobber, either Canine Remains which was suggested earlier or Molly Squidpiddge in a larger game, probably after her box set comes out.

I'm just starting to learn how to play Leveticus so I'm not going to be using the older rules, but I understand the changes .

Now can we please get back to the bigger issue of hunting and killing all the baby Cubones so they won't breed so they won't have babies who must wear the skulls of their mothers?

Wait, if there is a mommy and a daddy Cubone and only one child then how are they still around??? Shouldn't the population be halved with every generation?

Wait, if there is a mommy and a daddy Cubone and only one child then how are they still around??? Shouldn't the population be halved with every generation?

Indeed it is perplexing, unless..... The female grows extra heads when they grow up and has a litter that then share them out.

Now can we please get back to the bigger issue of hunting and killing all the baby Cubones so they won't breed so they won't have babies who must wear the skulls of their mothers?

Just wanted to chime in that it is a non-issue to begin with. Cubones are on the fast track to extinction and soon we'll be the ones wearing the skulls of their mothers!

MUAHAHAHAHAAAA!

I'm just starting to learn how to play Leveticus so I'm not going to be using the older rules, but I understand the changes .

I forgot to finish that sentence, sorry about that. I meant to type that I understand the changes may upset players who liked how the old rules worked.

Leveticus will need a new tactica with the changes, though I don't actually see an older one stickied anywhere. I still see him as being playable and competitive in most situations with the right crew.

Not that Im not guilty can the cubone comments die. Imho this is a huge change and would like to get this back on original topic.

Okay, in that case it's Pantsu Hebi X time!

So rather than talking about whether the change is a good or bad thing (I think we've all said our bit on that), why don't we try and get a bit more productive and look at how Levi's playstyle might need to change to suit the rules alteration?

For one, I'd say canine remains have become essential. With them around, Levi's death will leave a corpse to create a Hollow Waif out of, and against corpseless crews they can provide the required counters to make new hollow waifs.

Actually taking a few soulstones might become more worthwhile too. Generally Levi's threat level from turn to turn is tied to his remaining Wds. So if you're going to keep Levi alive for a turn (to save you losing a Hollow Waif) then it might be worth keeping a soulstone handy to heal his lost wounds up again for the next turn, or prevent your opponent killing him prematurely or when you're out of waifs.

The best way I can think of for fixing Levi's reduced mobility is a Rotten Belle. Positioned correctly, one or two should be able to drag him around and keep him in the fight without having to rely solely on his crappy Wk.

Finally, do Hollow Waifs have Magical extension? And does Alyce have a spell that lets her create Waifs too? I honestly can't remember and I suspect I'm wrong on at least one of those counts, but if I'm not, that might be a decent way of making a new waif without wasting one of Levi's APs.

Alyce can only make SPA's and waif have something like magical extension. Their ability allows the to copy any of levi's spells (including zero actions) but after they use it they are sacrificed. On top of this they can't really use anything other than desolation since if levi died they are slow and have to spend one action walking. And desolation needs two suits and they have an unsuited cast.

-Heretic

Finally, do Hollow Waifs have Magical extension? And does Alyce have a spell that lets her create Waifs too? I honestly can't remember and I suspect I'm wrong on at least one of those counts, but if I'm not, that might be a decent way of making a new waif without wasting one of Levi's APs.

No alice can not. Waifs have masical extension but it is for the most part useless. Half of levi spells take 2 suits. Those spells are stupid hard to get off. The other part is they only have 3 wd. Casting some of his other spells are deadly to them but they cant cast it at all because they cant kill them selves with spells. For example makeing another waif is not valid.

Saying the source is from Wyrd is like saying it came from somewhere in the Universe, it doesn't narrow it down because everything Wyrd puts out (Stat cards, books, erratas, etc) is from Wyrd. Please change it to say something like 'Originally Posted by Leveticus V2 Stat Card' or something similar, or just get rid of that optional part of the quote tag.

This is really bothering you, isn't it?