Quick Leviticus question. :)

Penemue

...and perhaps an ignorant one, but I'm trying to figure out exactly how the Hollow Waif thing works. Does the following work?

a) Leveticus dies. Wee.

B) Closing phase begins. You summon Leveticus to a Hollow Waif, then sacrifice all Hollow Waifs.

c) Closing phase ends. You summon all sacrificed Hollow Waifs to Levicitus.

I'm not entirely sure if "summon" is the right function here, as I don't have my book on me. Anyway, just curious. :) And I apologize for not digging any deeper, but time is short before work.

Eh.. I think you should rather call it the Circle of Desolate Death.. :)

But yeah, everything in this thread seems to be correct thus far.. ;)

Random Note: Some time ago they changed the 'summoned clause' with 'replace' on Eternally Shackled, only to change it back shortly after as that was a major cuddle to him, but apparently they intend to tweak him a bit.. Haven't seen V2 Leveticus.. Anyone knows about it?

Random Note: Some time ago they changed the 'summoned clause' with 'replace' on Eternally Shackled, only to change it back shortly after as that was a major cuddle to him, but apparently they intend to tweak him a bit.. Haven't seen V2 Leveticus.. Anyone knows about it?

My LGS had a Black Friday sale so I picked up his box set with a V2 Leveticus Card. I also have Rusty Alyce V2. The SPAs and Hallow Waifs that I have are all V1 (with no version number listed).

Eternally Shackled: If this model is killed or sacrificed during the turn, replace a Hallow Waif with this model during the Closing Phase. Sacrifice any other Hallow Waifs in play. Discard your Hand and draw up to your Crew's Maximum Hand Size.

How on earth is 'replace' a big cuddle to him? So he can't be put 6" away from some Hallow Waif but rather in base contact. Why not move the Waif where you want him to respawn?

dakrulz55 is correct about his Entropic Transformation having a resist of Wp.

How on earth is 'replace' a big cuddle to him? So he can't be put 6" away from some Hallow Waif but rather in base contact. Why not move the Waif where you want him to respawn?

There's two things to it.

1) - As you said yourself you lose 6" of movement with Leveticus which is a considerable amount considering his Wk of 3. It means you have to play more risky with your Waives, it also means you can't hide them behind terrain and such.

2) - The other part of it: a Replaced Waif is neither Killed nor Sacrificed..

Go figure..

A replaced Waif won't come back due to Shackled, you have to summon new ones every turn if you intend to die with Leveticus, which you certainly still do - otherwise you'll run out and he'll be dead for good.

Edit:

3) - With the changes to Entropic Transformation it's harder to produce Waives even..

Here's another one:

Leveticus takes 1 wd at the start of the closing phase. His text reads "if Leveticus is killed or sacrificed during the turn, summon him...during the closing phase." Waifs return at the end of the closing phase (I think).

Can Leveticus be at 1 wd before the closing phase, die to Unstable Necromancy, and be immediately summoned to a Waif, who will then be replaced at the end of the closing phase? It seems fidgety, but that's my take on it. :)