Tell it to Queen Doppolopogus

Doctor Amos

The Doppelganger is one of the most versitile models currently out for Malifaux. However, at 8 stones, it is a fairly high-end piece, especially with a mediocre statline and very few abilities on its own. What tricks do you use to maximize this Neverborne's potential?

My current uses for her:

--Copy Lilith's Fast and Master of Malifaux to gain a runner

--Copy Mature Nephelim's Paired Claws and Melee Master

--Copy Mature Nephelim's Paired Claws and a less-mature one's Flay (minimum 6 damage is nice)

--Copy Mature (not efficient, but more Mature Neph isn't really a bad thing)

--Copy Bad Juju's Undying

* Copy Pandora's Wd causing effect (Emotional Trauma? Can never remember the name.)

* Copy Alps Slow generating effect and Wd generating effect.

* Copy Teddy's Teeth and Coppelius's Melee Expert

* Copy LCB's weapons and really any trigger he has.

* Copy Madness's negative flip on Wp aura

Lets not forget that the negative flip on Init can be reason enough for her. =D

The uses just go on and on and on =D

I'm a big fan of the Doppelganger. It's a bit costly, so I don't get to use it all the time, but I always enjoy it when I do. It just gives that many more options and flexibility in my army. Last night it was doing everything - winning me initiative, doing double damage on failed willpower checks for Pandora, being impossible to kill with Baby Kade's defense, grabbing Incite for more spamming, grabbing faster speed to get objectives. All in all, a really fun model. I find it's only really frustrating because I can't do EVERYTHING I want to do with it.

In a Pandora army, the Doppelganger does everything! Best model ever for Pandora.

---------------

Also, everyone forgot to mention her amazing defensive capabilities. On numerous occasions I have copied the highest defense around, gone into defensive stance, and then moved into postion or copied a defensive ability. Then you just stand there, keeping everything in melee and being unkillable.

If you are a Pandora player, the obvious thing is to copy the high defense, copy emptional trauma, then go defensive stance right in the middle of their stuff. You just gotta watch out for Wp based attacks when you do that.

Also, keep an eye out for any melee master models like the cerebus or rogue necromancy. The Doppelganger can turn into the most deadly minion ever with melee master and teddy's damage line.

Ah, love is a warm Doppla!

The initiative flips have already been so rightfully lauded. I have her running in a Zoraida crew these daze, and Obey and Raven both transition wonderfully. It means that between the Doppla, the Doll & the Hag, I can cast 3 Obey's per turn.

"Dance, dance, dance ... Baby!"

I try to include it in every Neverborn list I draft, even if it is an indulgence at times.

(And the miniature itself is elegance made pewter.)

IMHO :-fate to initiative alone is worth 8 Soulstones' weight in gold.

I run it sometimes in Lilith crew. Especially if I face an opponent who likes/needs to go first. In such cases I copy fast and flying to be able to move quickly into a good spot.

After that I copy opponents' abilities more often than my own. Duplicate powers are nice, but I generally find it far more frustrating for my enemies if their own weapons are used against them.

* Copy LCB's weapons and really any trigger he has.

QUOTE]

Can you copy triggers separately?

I know you do not get them automatically by mimicing the weapon.....Weird Sketch already called me on that.....We get to the answer towards the end of the post:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16417

Edited by CubertFarnsworth

Triggers are Talents, so I don't see why not. Most combat triggers do specify the weapon they are used with however, so it'd be both uses of mimic to get the weapon and the matching trigger.

Yup exactly.

Almost anything on a models card is a Talent besides their Stats and Spells.

About the only thing you can't Mimic is a model's types which Im thankful for.

Edit: I wasn't clear enough I guess. You can only mimic a Weapon with 1 use of mimic and you have to use mimic again to get a trigger from that weapon. You don't get it all in 1 mimic.

Edited by karn987

Yup exactly.

Almost anything on a models card is a Talent besides their Stats and Spells.

About the only thing you can't Mimic is a model's types which Im thankful for.

Again just please see the thread: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16417 (Answer at the end of the thread)

Weird Sketch says no. You guys are preaching to the choir, I run the Doppleganger so I would LOVE for the trigger to also be mimiced.

Now are you guys arguing that with your second (0) Action you gain the trigger after spending your first (0) Action to mimic the weapon or are you assuming that you are mimicing the trigger by mimicing the weapon..........

We're saying the first mimic action gives you the weapon and associated weapon abilities. With the second mimic action you could then mimic a trigger associated with the weapon.

The thread you linked to only says that you don't automatically get the triggers by mimicking the weapon, not that you can't mimic a trigger.

Now are you guys arguing that with your second (0) Action you gain the trigger after spending your first (0) Action to mimic the weapon or are you assuming that you are mimicing the trigger by mimicing the weapon..........

The former is the point and it doesn't contradict the ruling you've linked, as far as I can see.

1st (0) action to copy the weapon, with all the attached weapon abilities (like Great Sword).

2nd (0) action to copy the trigger working in conjunction with that weapon.

then spend your APs on attacking.

And if you don't have the hand to set off said trigger, copy Flurry, Rapid Fire, Combat Expert, Fast or similar instead. Most of the time having more attacks is better than having an uncertain trigger. At the very least it makes the opponent burn through his cards and possibly soulstones. At best it will kill.

The former is the point and it doesn't contradict the ruling you've linked, as far as I can see.

1st (0) action to copy the weapon, with all the attached weapon abilities (like Great Sword).

2nd (0) action to copy the trigger working in conjunction with that weapon.

then spend your APs on attacking.

And if you don't have the hand to set off said trigger, copy Flurry, Rapid Fire, Combat Expert, Fast or similar instead. Most of the time having more attacks is better than having an uncertain trigger. At the very least it makes the opponent burn through his cards and possibly soulstones. At best it will kill.

Okay that I do know is legit. Using both the Dopels (0)Actions to copy both the weapon and the trigger

• 3 weeks later...

The Doppleganger is that good.

Ignoring the fact that it is as fine a piece of pewter as in any game on the market (and I finished painting mine last night, so my previous opinion expressed in this thread has only been magnified), it is simply an exclamation point on whatever weapon or skill you wish to emphasise.

I won't talk about what I haven't played yet, but when she runs with Zoraida she recasts Obey.

With The Dreamer, she can do Calm Dreams or Rapid Eye Movement + All My Friends. With LCB, she can acquire Ten Inch Claws + Onslaught or Flay. Or the Six Inch Teeth + Disembowel.

She's the sweeper of your crew who will reinforce & accentuate your point of attack & effectively give you two more APs of your preferred dosage of mayhem. She has synergy with every current Neverborn master, bar none.

And there's her last significant attraction: she's Neverborn and Neverborn alone - nobody else can use her. Let alone understand her.