Guild and Schemes

PM8K

So, after a couple games with a friend, I've noticed he has picked schemes that are virtually impossible for me to stop.

For example, he was using Colette and the showgirls, and managed to not only to complete sabotage on the first turn AND pull his models back from firing range, he claimed he could also have picked power ritual and complete that as well.

As these free victory points on turn 1 sound utterly ridiculous, I was wondering if the guild has any great schemes that aren't necessarily turn 1 completions, but if they prefer certain ones over others. If I have Lady J, I pick bodyguard because those 12 wounds are just impossible to break through.

Also, if you have any advice on stopping colette and her combo, let me know.

I've had Great Success with Lucius and Steal Relic. First turn I wait until their master walks close to the middle of the board and then Lucius double walks, flings a lawyer across the board, and then pushes him 3" closer to the enemy master. By turn 2, or if your lucky turn 1 you can steal the relic and force the lawyer to walk away for a wopping 3VP

I still feel Holdout is stupidly easy to accomplish, especially with the guns Guild has. Take. Announce. Shoot everything dead, starting with the closest stuff first.

I know jack-all about Colette, but how is she getting a model within 8" of all four corners in the 1st turn?

well if you have a fast unit that can walk 27" a turn and an ability to swap placed with show girls it does get you to bounce round the table loads.

What the Colette player meant was that had he taken Power Ritual he would not have had any great problems completing it during the game, but he didn't mean he could do it in Turn 1 (if he did, he was either misled or cheating!). With Colette's movement, getting Cassandra into one table corner and the Coryphees/ Colette into another on Turn 1 can be done, which just leaves the last table corner and a two-pronged assault.

I'm a big fan of announced Kill Protege. You're going to want to eliminate their best model anyways, and Lady J excels at that. So having that announced is basically saying "Make sure your best model never participates in this game, or I get 2 free VP's"

I forgot the name of it, but there's another scheme where you can target any minion and have to kill them. You can double up on the Protege if you wanted and really have them want to keep that model away.

The only other one i see is grudge, which is good if i'm running some good melee units.

I think Eye for an Eye sounds like it should be pretty good for the perdita crew, as with their ranged shots most of them are most likely not going to die. Or Sonnia if she can summon more witchlings