Large number of guild players

tadaka

Local group is small but they have been playing for a while. Most of them just have multiple guild masters :)

Were they allowed to draft there crew each round, or was it a set list tourney?

Maybe your local group just likes Guild and Perdita. I personally really enjoy playing the Ortega's even if there is this sense of backlash against Perdita.

I run Guild/Outcasts minus the Gremlins

we have

2 Ressers [[one of them doubles as a Gremlin Player]]

FIVE Arcanists

2 Neverborn

2 Guild [[including me]]

and me and my girlfriend share the Viki's, and I play Levi and Von Schill

honestly the Raspy, Colette, and Ramos Players VASTLY outnumber any other player. It's a little ridiculous

Thats bizarre since in my area Arcanists are pretty rare.

I have a lot of Outcast and Res players. With some Guild and Never born mixed in. I think I have only two Arcanist players.

we have alot of double faction players though, the thing is our LGS doesn't go by faction really, we go by masters.

we have this, [[note that one perdita player is also a Colette player, the other perdita player is me, and the last one plays Ramos, and Lilith]]

3 Perdita Players

3 Raspy Players

2 Ramos Players

2 Colette Players

2 Lilith Players

1 Resserectionist Player [[who is now branching to the gremlins]]

and CJ, who just plays Seamus and ONLY Seamus... kind of sucks lol

as you can see this list that I've tried to make is so patchy and mixed and matched that it's really hard to catorgorize the players. Since one person may play guild one day but then plays neverborn the next.

really, Me, and Hippieshopper are the only one's who can be catorgorized by Faction

Me - Guild/Outcasts

Hippie - Ressers/Gremlins

other than that it just gets too complicated lol

Oh dear, I'm a brand new player who's only just picked up the game and I usually hate to be the one playing the most popular armies (in this case crew) but I picked up Sonnia because the witchlings looked so cool and then bought the rules a few months later and saw I could also get death marshals (my next favourite minis) so it looks like I'll be going down the guild route.

Once I read the rule book I pretty much decided I'd try and build up a complete faction before branching out, is this a rather unusual approach?

The two other guys who're starting up have gone for seamus and December so it just seemed right that we each ended up with a different faction, I'm sure once more of the gaming group picks it up we'll start to see duplicates but until then I'd guess we'll intentionally avoid any potential mirror matches.

It's not unusual to stick to one faction. The way most tourneys are ran you need to declare your faction in advance but you can switch out masters and minions each round. So collecting a faction is a good thing.

Also don't worry about collecting guild becuase it's the "popular" faction. It is in some places but in other places other factions dominate.

It isn't that the area is that over run with guild. Some of the players who didn't make it are another Lilith player, a viks, a zoraida, and a kirai. Malifaux has fallen off a bit in the area. Mostly due to people having to split time with several different games. I know several of the players are part of a very big campaign game and after they are done with that don't have time left in the week.

One of the major purposes for the event was to get some of these players to pick up their decks and dust off some mini's so they can remember how fun a game Malifaux is.

So that is the reason you saw so many guild players. Some hadn't played in a few months so in the end they went back to where they started and were most comfortable with. Once I have the time and fire up the league and people get in more games you might see some people pick up other factions.

On the other hand... It could be they already know they picked the best faction and why mess with the best?

This is a great thread to read, as in my local club we have the following mix as primary factions:

2x Guild

5x Resurrectionists

3x Arcanist

3x Neverborn

2x Outcast

1x Gremlins

As the typical mix. Out of the 2 recent tournaments, Arcanists rules made up nearly half the field on the first and Resurrectionists made up nearly half the field on the second. There are only two of us who play Guild as our primary faction, and one other who picks up Perdita from time to time.

As I recall I did handle the old man club. Fed him to some birds and shot his girlfriend in the face.

That's why I ran the event rather then played. Have to let the rest of the crews feel like they had a chance at winning. I am just entirely too awesome... Ok maybe not. :laugh::jester:

Anyway I will stop hijacking this thread with my preaching of the greatness of the guild and just say that their are some wonderful new crews that came out with the second book and it will be interesting to see how the many guild players we end up with.