The keeper and Yazza sitting in a Tree, B U I L D I N G their own little gaming table

the keeper

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we had a minion search every toystore and every swapmeet in search of a perfect train and after a while he came up with a nameless brand toy train in almost the right size, undistiguishable from the correct scale, certainly ater some converting

the loaders originally had pertol tanks on them if i'm not mistaken

Ive been following tis thread for a while, and am so blown away by it. I could never hope to build anything this amazing, but will give it my best none-the-less. Guys this is simply brilliant!

If I may ask, which of the moulds would you recommend, and I take it you use plaster of paris with them, right? And PVA to attach the wood/roof

I have found a UK supplier, and was wondering if the fieldstone block mould alone is enough to build the bottom of buildings including doorways, or if another is needed

(talking about the buildings, not the train...)

Edited by McDoogle

Ive been following tis thread for a while, and am so blown away by it. I could never hope to build anything this amazing, but will give it my best none-the-less. Guys this is simply brilliant!

If I may ask, which of the moulds would you recommend, and I take it you use plaster of paris with them, right? And PVA to attach the wood/roof

I have found a UK supplier, and was wondering if the fieldstone block mould alone is enough to build the bottom of buildings including doorways, or if another is needed

(talking about the buildings, not the train...)

as yazza said, i would recomend buying the ruined fieldstone mold as well. it realy helps getting the look right,

To glue the wood i mostly used (a lot) of UHU glue, its a transparend glue that becomes nice and hard, and it is relatively cheap, It dryes faster dan PVA, and thats why it is easyer. I did use PVA for the roofs becouse drying time isnt that importand there.

And the train didn't look that awesome when i first got it in my hands. But noting a big bits box and a paint job cant fix

we had a minion search every toystore and every swapmeet in search of a perfect train and after a while he came up with a nameless brand toy train in almost the right size, undistiguishable from the correct scale, certainly ater some converting

the loaders originally had pertol tanks on them if i'm not mistaken

A minion? Excuse me? Do you even know what I went through to find that train?

hey there guys,

just read the entire thread and I have to say that I'm absolutely amazed by your level of skill and creativity.

This must be one of the best looking gaming boards I have ever seen for any system.

I'll be in Antwerp for work somewhere last of January, if the board's still on display by then I'll come and check it out for sure.

Geweldig gedaan jongens, ik hoop nog veel meer van jullie te mogen zien in de toekomst. Ik ben momenteel trouwens bezig met de financiering rond te krijgen voor een eigen gamestore. Mochten jullie ook commissie werk aannemen zou ik jullie misschien in de nabije toekomst hierover willen contacteren.

Sorry for the dutch, guys.