Vikki's cache

Couchmonster

At 25 I have been running Vicki's, Taelor, Misaki, 2 Ronin. 0 Soulstones. I normally choose to go 1 less scheme so that they have 2 soulstones, and I love it. At 35, I would just add Hans or the Convict Gunslinger, possibly Student of Conflict. I haven't tried running Hamelin with them yet, I am interested in it though. My Vicki's die pretty fast without the soulstone support, but it gives me time to get my other big guns in position.

Always run max soulstones with the Viks. They need them even more than most other masters.

The glass cannon masters like the Viks have to have the soulstones to stay alive, but even more than that, since they are glass cannons, usually a single soulstone is all that is needed to kill an enemy model. The Viks can have up to 8 max damage, so making that attack hit (or raising the total so you get extra damage) by using a single soulstone can take out a Ronin's worth of points in the opposing team, especially when you need that attack to hit so their trigger can go off.

I don't think they need them more than most masters. They're one of my favorite crews to run and I'm pretty comfortable with 6 in almost all games. I play really aggressively with the girls, too, usually launching the grenade on turn two with the swordmistress deep into the thick of things. The game ends in turn three almost always. So, 2 stones usually used on the offensive run, 2-3 for survival, 1-2 left for the next turn's clean-up. Maxing out won't leave huge holes and I have run that way and appreciate the added flexibility, but it typically means I have to drop a strong model in lieu of a moderate one and I hate that.

I played my Viccis twice so far(Box contents only), once aggainst rasputina (30ss) and once against seamus(25ss) so I hadi 6 SS against Tina / 1 against Seamus and both worked out perfectly.

I usually keep the girls in cover behind the bullies of the crew (Taelor and Johan) which both go down pretty slowly and when i can get to hit a vulnerable spot i use they switching/pushing skills to attack the opposing master with both girls. He/she ususally goes down then (Tina got onehitted by the red joker...double severe - ouch). What ever comes afterwards is usually done by the hammer wielding babe (Taelor) and Johan, who both are capable of laying the smackdown to anything.

I have been running a Vict. crew 35ss for our league and against some of my opponents

Ramos

Colette (Especially)

Lilith

Perdita

Mc Mourning

I've found minimum 2 ss and as much as 4 is 'nice'

I ran one game and ended up having ss to spare and was running without the Ronin, I REALLY regretted it!

In addition with the Henchmen, having the ss available to them too is a must

I played my Viccis twice so far(Box contents only), once aggainst rasputina (30ss) and once against seamus(25ss) so I hadi 6 SS against Tina / 1 against Seamus and both worked out perfectly.

6ss is close enough to max that it shouldn't matter too much. I would still always try for 7 or 8 if possible. Soulstones on the Viks are just so important to be truly competitive.

That isn't to say you can't win without soulstones, but I bet that even those games that people run with low soulstones and do really well would have gone even better if they had taken out one more model and ran with extra soulstones.

Yeah, I made the same mistake when I first started playing. The Viks were my first Masters, and I just kept playing with all the models I had. So, it was the 25SS box set to start with, and then I picked up Hans and the Student of Conflict and the Ronins, and I kept running with 0 Cache, regardless of the point build. Then somebody finally showed me how nasty the Soulstones could really be (I think it was either a Perdita or LJ crew), as they smashed me to pieces. Then I tried a game with about 3-4 SS....holy crap! Being able to guarantee your attacks hit, especially against Minions (i.e. non-Use Soulstone pieces) is just brutal, especially when the Viks, and most of their crew, can do some pretty hefty damage. I find it works best to have the SS to make sure your damage flip is at least neutral, because then you can cheat in those Moderate/Severe cards from your hand, and really lay down the hurt with the Viks.