My Showgirls wip

mattraptor

Wow!!

Great job Matt.

How'd you do the stockings? Gryphone Sepia wash?

Also, what colors did you use for Collette's dress?

Yes. it was a wash but it was devlan or badab but more than likely devlan. I'm sorry I dont remember correctly but it was a vallejo hot orange and a blood red with a red wash. I really should start writing down what I use.

cool - good idea - where did you get them from?

just googled and I think it came up on amazon or something. I remember it took a week to find them. It was a private seller and half of them were broken because she thought that she could put them in an envelope with bubblewrap. I msg'd her about it but not to be worried because I knew how to use glue.

AH here it is http://www.etsy.com/listing/52981863/set-of-4-miniature-vintage-70s-red-dove

Edited by mattraptor

Only criticism for the new batch of models is the doves. The wire really stands out, would recommend next time either buying some GW flying bases or using a thin clear plastic rod (you can usually find them at model train stores). Other then that you have done a good job representing the girls.

I totally agree and what I'm looking in to right now is trying to pull off a magical effect to mask the wires. Kind of like they just materialized and flew up from the ground or swooped over a fence.