Why do models have useless symbols?

Zorlath

So throughout my short Malifaux career I've noticed a few models that have frivolous symbols on their cards.

Papa Loco is the only one I have right in front of me, he's got rams on both his ranged and melee attacks, but no triggers or other abilities that use them.

Has anyone else noticed things like this? Is there a point to them? Like maybe another model's ability that makes use of them that I'm just not keen on?

Yeah I've been rather confuzzled about this fact aswell, there's alot of models this holds true for. Mostly with their Cb value.

Copycat Killer, Ramos, Pandora, Poltergeist, Cherub, Candy, Bad Juju, Hooded Rider, Silurid, etc.

Maybe in the future there'll be some support models that throws Triggers around like Leveticus can do and they'll be useful, as for now I have no idea.. :)

So throughout my short Malifaux career I've noticed a few models that have frivolous symbols on their cards.

. . .

Has anyone else noticed things like this? Is there a point to them? Like maybe another model's ability that makes use of them that I'm just not keen on?

I've talked to my local henchman about this and he gave me a good answer -- flavor!

Malifaux Cherub has a Cb with a mask suit even though no triggers are attached to it because masks are associated with the Neverborn. Very few Neverborn lack masks.

Page 34 of the core rulebook has a table of flavor/"magical influence" of the suits.

It is possible these currently useless suits will interact with some future game mechanic, but for now I'll just assume it is there for the flavor.