Greetings, all! I am new to the Malifaux community, and I thought I would post pics of my first Malifaux minis! I am an experienced painter (mostly with Privateer Press lately), and I am excited to get my hands on more Malifaux stuff (so much variety!).

Anyway, here they are- the naughty nurses-

AdamsPics033.jpg

AdamsPics035.jpg

AdamsPics041.jpg

AdamsPics043.jpg

Looking at the pics now, I realize that I could have made some of the lines between the high contrast areas a little crisper, but overall I am pleased. I replaced their syringes with wire and brass rod for stability, and sculpted the bases to roughly resemble the "Victorian" inserts. I'm particularly pleased with the way the bubbles in the big syringe and the stockings look- Good practice for the Colette crew that I hope to pick up some time in the near future.

Anyway, let me know what you think, any questions, etc.

The nurses have always looked just so gross to me, but I really do like the red-haired nurse.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for pleated skirts. o_o It is probably that they look cuter than they do slutty.

Your nurses appear to be very well-painted. The definition of the black-haired nurse's cheekbone really only looks awkward from the side angle. From straight on, it gives a very natural emphasis in the way her face is shaped.

Great models. Great details. I especially like how the eyes and stockings turned out. I still have a lot of trouble when it comes to painting eye section. Do you have any advice how to achieve such fantastic results? I am also interested in how you painted the fine line of the fishnet stockings. Did you use a regular brush or were other tools involved as well?

The warm flesh tones and white 'whites' are winner on these. You have really enlivened these minis.

Care to share your recipe for the whites and flesh tones?

Thanks, everybody!

Painting whites has always been a challenge conssidering that too much shading can make it look gray or dirty instead of "white." For these minis I primarily used Privateer P3 paints. I did a basecoat of Menoth Highlight on the dresses, and then shaded my midtones with Trollblood Highlight and picked out the deepest shadows with Bastion Gray. I then went back through with my base coat color and cleaned up my highlighted surfaces and finished off by picking out my highest highlights with Morrow White.

My flesh tones are from the Reaper Tan Flesh triad pack, with P3 Umbral Umber added for deep shadows and P3 Khardic Flesh used as an accent in the cheeks and whatnot wo "pinken" up the flesh and make it look a little more lively (and hence contrast with my other less-living ladies in my Seamus list, which I am still waiting on at my LGS).

I too would love to know how you did the Stockings!

Anyone else think the big syringe Nurse looks like Bettie Page!

Thanks! I was going for the Bettie Page look, considering the hair style. I think the winter completion is more becoming than the studio paint scheme.

For the stockings on "Bettie," I added a little bit of P3 Umbral Umber to my Reaper Tanned Flesh base to do the top of the stocking, and used a thinned out mixture of P3 Bastion Gray and acrylic retarder to add the coloration for the stocking over the leg (which I shaded previously as I would any other skin tone).

On the other nurse, I just hatched the fishnets with an 18/0 liner brush and some P3 Thamar Black. I will definitely use the same technique with my Collette crew (once all the relevant stuff for it releases and I pick them up).

Thanks! I was going for the Bettie Page look, considering the hair style. I think the winter completion is more becoming than the studio paint scheme.

For the stockings on "Bettie," I added a little bit of P3 Umbral Umber to my Reaper Tanned Flesh base to do the top of the stocking, and used a thinned out mixture of P3 Bastion Gray and acrylic retarder to add the coloration for the stocking over the leg (which I shaded previously as I would any other skin tone).

On the other nurse, I just hatched the fishnets with an 18/0 liner brush and some P3 Thamar Black. I will definitely use the same technique with my Collette crew (once all the relevant stuff for it releases and I pick them up).

Stunning mate, I doubt If I'll manage that!