Hamelin the Plagued

Zaqir

I would personally throw in 2 Night Terrors at 3ss each I figure they will be of use to you in many ways, either screw up shooting, lowering WP or just being annoying.

As for the rules I have the same questions for the first 2 things you listed. IE how long are they for?

As for the third its all about sequence, i think his rules making them insignificant apply only once they are on the table, so a battle like holding the table corners could be held with rats etc but that one might not be the case.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks dude the rats thing makes sens, i like what your saying with the night terrors, just looked through stuff again, and there isnt much point in starting with a stolen, none of the sacrifices are worth doing first turn, and all having one lets me do is take one more action first turn, and i dont think its worth 3ss to take one more action in the first turn, othere than night terrors, i thought about either alps, just swarm the enamy slow them make more alps, witch will give me more to sacrifice or more rats. or canine remains, onyl 2ss lets me take a few of them, who can run up give it a shot get killed and become rats, as they arnt slow they can easaly keep up. i havnt played any games with hamy yet, what do you all think.

Edited by izikial

Several things on this thread.

Hamelin's hiring ability says:

"Crews containing this model may only hire Ht 1, Insignificant, and Soulless models ... "

This does NOT mean that the models have to be all of them.

If it had said models that are Ht1, Insig and Soulless, then you'd have had a point.

The way I see it hiring a stolen from the start of the game is a very viable tactic. Here's why:

It is very important to note that a sacrificed Stolen STILL yields a rat (unlike most other models that only give one when killed).

Thus it allows Hamelin to sacrifice a model extra on the first turn, which could be used to get 2 cards more to save up some good cards for later turns. It could also allow you to get Obedience off on the first turn if you want Nix to move forward fast or something like that.

Secondly and more importantly: Sacrificing The Stolen twice on turn one lets you move the rats very war forward when you use Nix's 'Gorge on Pain' ability combined with its (0) Herd Dog.

There's many different options.

I'd also consider not starting with the Rat-Catcher (also costing +1 SS in hiring the rats instead). Since he's rather slow on his own.

You should sit down and think through all the ways of moving your rats and come up with tactics for getting a quick start off.

There's many ways, not sure if I've found the quickest way of moving the rats upfield yet.

And yeah discussed Leveticus/Hamelin in another thread, Leve will be alone with Alyce (no constructs untill you kill enemies) and you'll be bringing a zillion Canine Remains. But my god you will have ALOT of cards (which makes Hamelin quite terrifying, and probably Leveticus aswell).

And yeah discussed Leveticus/Hamelin in another thread, Leve will be alone with Alyce (no constructs untill you kill enemies) and you'll be bringing a zillion Canine Remains. But my god you will have ALOT of cards (which makes Hamelin quite terrifying, and probably Leveticus aswell).

Interesting. And possibly sick. I look forward to juggling Leve and The Hame in a brawl situation. Should be challenging, if nothing else.

Hamelin is my next Master ... just waiting for the box. I hesitate to buy the models individually since Wyrd released the Leve box with a hiterto unseen Waif. I'd hate to have to buy the box for just a single model (which my collector OCD would demand). Lucky for me, I waited for the Leve box before starting his crew, but I came close to pulling the trigger on individual blisters on more than one occasion.

Jay, don't get too excited. If the rat is killed by tot in a way that allows another rat to be summoned he doesn't get the blood counter.

It's still a valid way to get a Mature out on the battlefield in a crew that wouldn't be able to otherwise, just not as cheap or easy as has been presented.

• 2 weeks later...

Something else i was going over the other day and overlooked in my write up.

Hammelin has the ability to make things insignificant so do a few of his factions. Not only can this screw up plans in schemes and strategies etc but some spells i thought of as meh before might have a few tricks and a half.

1)He has the spell that can draw in ht1 and insig models and if they touch him they take damage (some possibilities there big time, especially if a few things die and you get more rats)

2)He can make something insignificant and then he can bully them all day but he has the spell to force him to be targetted.

3)I love how he can basically ignore - or + flips etc, I know it can stop crap like Zoraida being annoying but can it be used defensively?

IE can you use it to keep guys you know will hit hard from getting those +s? (Ie Leveticus discarding his control cards to give himself +s, can Hammelin use his power to nullify that)

I had some crazy thoughts in my mind of hammelin moving up with rats and attacking and a rat catcher running in killing all the rats but causing NEW rats to be summoned for (albiet slow) rats that still might get more attacks?

That is the whole idea of the Ratcatcher and his (0) action.. ...

Also.. Rats are always Slow, so don't suffer from being summoned at all.

And no you cannot negate the opponents :+fate flips with Hamelins Fate is Meaningless.

Both Fate is Meaningless and Useless Toy also states that it's only useful during Hamelins next action so will not carry on to the opponents turn.

Edited by Wodschow
know I'm late but wording was weird

• 1 month later...
so what then, is the point of giving him the insignificant characteristic if he just loses it as soon as the games starts. I guess this is just confusing to me for some reason.

Possibly a hold-over from a previous version where there might have been another way to remove insig. Also, possibly future-proofing in case a model allows you to remove that ability from Hamelin.

Does Hamlin's ability Nihilism, remove insignificant from himself? My actual question is if an ability say "friendly models", is the model the ability originates from "friendly" to itself? I hope this makes sense.

Can I get a Marshall to comment on this. Thanks for the info guys but I'd like to get a ruling from a Marshall.

• 2 weeks later...
The terror tot will can still generate a counter through his ability, because it actually has nothing to do with the death of the model, its a separate ability that just has the prerequisite of killing a model first

No.

It's called a Blood Counter because you receive a Blood Counter when a model is slain.

It works identical to McMourning's Body Part Counter.

When a model is killed within 6" of Hamelin, the Plagued, or a Rat Catcher, a Malifaux Rat is summoned into base contact with that model and no other models or counters may be generated from the slain model, that includes Blood Counters.