WTB Miss Pack [AU]

• 2 weeks later...

Okay to get one you had to purchase $100 worth of product. Someone just trying to get some of there money back does not counts towards greed. If people are charging alot, don't buy it. Like ispep said, charging an amount that people will pay is smart business. It may seem greedy to some people, but what if you had a limited edition item that will be hard to get in the future, would you sell it for asking price, or would you take into consideration that you may never get one again, and ask for a little more money.

You would have paid $100 for the products regardless, the Miss Pack was an added bonus.

Therefore, asking $120 for it was a bit overboard.

Greed is greed and I have experienced more than my fair share when completing my Rackham Legends/Confrontation collections also.

Try to justify it however you will, because it was an event specific release, some jerks bought $200 worth of product in hopes of profitting. Its not 'smart' business, nor good business practice, as the price that someone is willing to pay will not be as much as your greedy mind wishes, therefore, your outlay over time is not worth the investment in terms of % return.

PS. Iamwyrd, as a henchman you are charged with promoting the hobby and Malifaux, Im sure your actions go against a few rules put in place for your position in the Malifaux community... perhaps you arent the best candidate for your area... hmm? Or at least you are not of the character that others would now trust if you treat this more as a profit motive.

But as it stands, I paid less than 25% what you were asking. On a supply/demand basis. Good luck with your hobby/business.

PS. Iamwyrd, as a henchman you are charged with promoting the hobby and Malifaux, Im sure your actions go against a few rules put in place for your position in the Malifaux community... perhaps you arent the best candidate for your area... hmm? Or at least you are not of the character that others would now trust if you treat this more as a profit motive.

But as it stands, I paid less than 25% what you were asking. On a supply/demand basis. Good luck with your hobby/business.

Its funny that you would call me out on the subject as I have all the pm's I sent you on the subject and never asked for $120 in any of them. So were you can call me out and falsely accuse me for charging/ asking for $120 is quite wrong. I'm glad you got one, my intent was never profit for the miss pack to begin with. I wanted to sell it to someone who was unfortunate and not able to go to Gen con to get one. And I clearly remember saying that I wasn't selling it anymore and getting it painted for a prize trophy for a tournament prize.

So if you got the intentions of me somehow asking $120 for the miss pack you are completely wrong.

So if I somehow broke any of the rules I apologize, but I guess every other henchmen trying to sell stuff on the trade forums must have broken them as well.

Edited by Iamwyrd

Money talks. Don't pay the prices that people ask, and the price will come down. That is how supply and demand works. If there is sufficient demand to justify the price, that is the price its worth.

Just because you don't like the price does not mean someone else might think its a perfectly fine price.

lrn2freemarket

Its funny that you would call me out on the subject as I have all the pm's I sent you on the subject and never asked for $120 in any of them. So were you can call me out and falsely accuse me for charging/ asking for $120 is quite wrong. I'm glad you got one, my intent was never profit for the miss pack to begin with. I wanted to sell it to someone who was unfortunate and not able to go to Gen con to get one. And I clearly remember saying that I wasn't selling it anymore and getting it painted for a prize trophy for a tournament prize.

So if you got the intentions of me somehow asking $120 for the miss pack you are completely wrong.

So if I somehow broke any of the rules I apologize, but I guess every other henchmen trying to sell stuff on the trade forums must have broken them as well.

You wanted to "recoup" the $100 or more for the Miss Pack. When I asked for a price you said around $120. You did not specify why you changed your mind, simply said you were no longer selling. If you were trying to 'help' someone who was not fortunate enough to go to GenCon, you would not have specified the '$100' you were forced to fork out in merchandise so you could obtain a 2nd Miss Pack.

Henchmen selling is obviously fine. Your sarcasm fails to mitigate that you were trying to profit from a hobby you are charged to promote. I would be going upon assumptions to make any clarity about your personal situation and why you think you are worthy of henchman, but you are a pale shadow of the examples in AUS are.

We can go in circles with ad hominem and sililoquy all day, but the fact remains you were asking quite a bit for the item you claim was to benefit the unfortunate...

@Ispep - to answer you in your own WoWg33ksp34k

L2lettheadultstalk, children are to be seen and not heard.

If anyone in this thread has been childish, it is you. You presented what you thought was a problem, and I provided a real world solution.

This isn't what you wanted though, so you have resorted to throwing a temper tantrum.

Perhaps you should just ask mommy for more allowance to buy your little toy men.

You wanted to "recoup" the $100 or more for the Miss Pack. When I asked for a price you said around $120. You did not specify why you changed your mind, simply said you were no longer selling. If you were trying to 'help' someone who was not fortunate enough to go to GenCon, you would not have specified the '$100' you were forced to fork out in merchandise so you could obtain a 2nd Miss Pack.

Henchmen selling is obviously fine. Your sarcasm fails to mitigate that you were trying to profit from a hobby you are charged to promote. I would be going upon assumptions to make any clarity about your personal situation and why you think you are worthy of henchman, but you are a pale shadow of the examples in AUS are.

We can go in circles with ad hominem and sililoquy all day, but the fact remains you were asking quite a bit for the item you claim was to benefit the unfortunate...

Its funny that your sticking to the fact that I asked for an amount. If you really want I will post all the pm's we had.

But if your still gonna argue go right ahead, because you will be arguing on deaf ears as I will not satisfy your arguing ecstasy. I'm glad that you got one, you should be happy instead of down trodding someone else's Rep with false alligations.

So glad you got a miss pack, and I'm leaving it at.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem. On the day I received my package (minus Miss Pack) I emailed Nathan and kindly asked if I could get the error fixed. A few days later I got a reply saying it's on it's way.

This morning (maybe 2 weeks later), I got the package with a copy of the email sent and a hand-written note saying "Sorry for the mispack (no pun intended :P )". :D