Fleshing out my oddball Perdita crew.

studderingdave

I have been using this crew for a while now with mixed results, mainly it was the models i like the look of and then went from there. i have been running this at 25ss.

Perdita

Enslaved Nephelim

Nino

Peacekeeper

Executioner

i like a combined arms force, as well as the peacekeeper and executioner models are really nice IMO.

im looking at a dump up to 30ss and possibly 35. these models are my painted force so dumping a bunch of them for new ones arnt really what im looking for.

thanks.

Hmm that looks like fairly solid force, it's one big weakness is that losing any of those models is a big hit you don't have anything to draw out your opponent with. Of course that is a general weakness of Ortegas in general. If you were 100% commintted to adding models I'd suggest franchesco first then a witchling stalker though you could use 2 stalkers to save money since you have to buy a 3 pack. You might consider dropping one big model for 2-3 small ones.

30ss

Perdita-cache 2

Enslaved Nephalim-2

Executioner-7

Nino-7

Franchesco-5

2 Witchling Stalkers-8

cache-3

The above is my wife's standard scrap crew.

30ss

Perdita-cache 2

Enslaved Nephalim-2

Peacekeeper-9

Nino-7

Franchesco-5

2 Witchling Stalkers-8

cache-5

30ss

Perdita-cache 2

Enslaved Nephalim-2

Executioner-7

Nino-7

3 Witchling Stalkers-12

cache-4

30ss

Perdita-cache 2

Enslaved Nephalim-2

Peacekeeper-9

Nino-7

3 Witchling Stalkers-8

cache-5

35ss

Perdita-cache 2

Enslaved Nephalim-2

Executioner-7

Nino-7

Franchesco-5

3 Witchling Stalkers-12

cache-4

35ss

Perdita-cache 2

Enslaved Nephalim-2

Peacekeeper-9

Nino-7

Franchesco-5

3 Witchling Stalkers-8

cache-5

Perdita is my main squeze and IMHO she needs Soul stones on her to be really effective, I would give her at lest 3 extra for a total of 5.

Other models to look at for your list,

Any of the other family members save San.

Mama loco.

Witchling stalkers.

I dont know about the peace keeper I dont own him and have never felt that i needed him but if he works for you... I would think about adding a witchling at 30 or Mama at 35. Mama can make your robot marry Nino and now he is part of the fam.

Just some ideas.

-Andrew

I was gonna post a thread exactly to ask these questions for the new box I have arriving next week from my local Henchman, but I think you guys have neatly wrapped this up... all I gotta do it paint some minis and play some games to see what works for me, thank you.

However, what do the more experienced players think of adding:

Judge - hard hitting melee?

Guild Austringer - extra activations?

Samael - anti caster, flaming bullets, Arcane Hunter, scout and hunter?

Judge-Solid but I like the Executioner better for his insane durability.

Austringer- Haven't played but they seem good for forcing your opponent to come to you or get nickel and dimed to death (Nino's super range and Perdita's bullet bending are pretty good at this too). Messenger seems unecessary since Ortegas can already alpha-strike due to the family trait.

• 2 weeks later...

I run the Family plus the enslaved nephilim. I'll be converting a Granny Ortega in order to add her in. For larger scraps and even brawls I'll be adding in Guild Guard.

I find that the synergy that the Ortega boxed set is fantastic.

As far as my demo crews I use Perdita (for the other person) and Zoraida (for myself). It's got a great combination of things to teach the other player.

I am not sure how helpful the Astringer will be for you. Perdita can already bend bullets to get at hiding models you ca replicate the extra range from the Austringer with other family models that will compliment an Ortega Alpha strike.

Perdita can no longer simply ignore LOS like the Austringer. Even when she could, she doesn't have the 18" range he does.

I was gonna post a thread exactly to ask these questions for the new box I have arriving next week from my local Henchman, but I think you guys have neatly wrapped this up... all I gotta do it paint some minis and play some games to see what works for me, thank you.

However, what do the more experienced players think of adding:

Judge - hard hitting melee?

Guild Austringer - extra activations?

Samael - anti caster, flaming bullets, Arcane Hunter, scout and hunter?

none of the above.

After Perditas boxset I would add her totem then Stalkers and then play around with the exactuioner a bit. Thoses are the models that run best with perditas family.

• 2 weeks later...

How does this sound for an Odd-Ball list:

Perdita

Enslaved Nephilim Totem

Judge

Guild Guard Captain

2 Guild Guard

Hunter construct

Think this comes to 30SS. Fluff behind the list is that Perdita is in charge of a guard section doing a hunt (hence the hunter) with the Judge helping out.

Might not work too well but I just like the idea. Thoughts?

D.

• 2 weeks later...