C. Hoffman

Nutcase168

So, there is no dedicated thread to the guy? I have to ask from the guild players, does he not peak your interests then?

I'm personally very excited for him. I think he has some very interesting options for play and a nice wide array of models to choose from. But I love constructs.

Edited by Nutcase168
spelling

dude! I got online, logged on and was thought to myself that I was going to open up the C. Hoffman Tatica and start asking questions like. Who are you taking? Also! I Adore R. Hoffman ;]

but anyway I was thinking about taking the Bladed Mannequin things, use them as sort of the damage powerhouse since R. Hoffman isn't considered friendly and doesn't give his brother any boosts. Also keep the Duet separated and keep both Dancers, the Guardian and Hoffman all in base contact with each other. That way you give armor 4 to Hoffman, and the Dancers.

Also take them simply because I hate Colette and I feel like rubbing it in

dude! I got online, logged on and was thought to myself that I was going to open up the C. Hoffman Tatica and start asking questions like. Who are you taking? Also! I Adore R. Hoffman ;]

but anyway I was thinking about taking the Bladed Mannequin things, use them as sort of the damage powerhouse since R. Hoffman isn't considered friendly and doesn't give his brother any boosts. Also keep the Duet separated and keep both Dancers, the Guardian and Hoffman all in base contact with each other. That way you give armor 4 to Hoffman, and the Dancers.

Also take them simply because I hate Colette and I feel like rubbing it in

Sadly the Coryphee are arcanist only models. Not even Leveticus can take them.

I think a guardian is a must for him. As for a totem, both are interesting, but the tool kit doesn't add as much to him as it does Ramos.

Sadly the Coryphee are arcanist only models. Not even Leveticus can take them.

FUUUUUU-

I completely missed that! I was gettin all excited too! god damnit, now I have to sulk over this. This is actually rather depressing now. What can he take outside of the guild, besides generic spiders, a slightly larger spider, the steamborg, the mechanical rider, and Joss?

FUUUUUU-

I completely missed that! I was gettin all excited too! god damnit, now I have to sulk over this. This is actually rather depressing now. What can he take outside of the guild, besides generic spiders, a slightly larger spider, the steamborg, the mechanical rider, and Joss?

Well the full arcanist list would be:

steampunk arachnid

Giant steampunk arachnid (Special forces)

steampunk arachnid swarm

Joss

Steamborg Executioner

Mechanical Rider

Soul Stone Miner (Special Forces)

Added to the full options available to any guild master but featuring:

Guardian

Hunter

Peacekeeper

Watcher

Ryle

And don't forget

Coppelius

He could also hire a showgirl as a Mercenary and get a Mannequin...which has some good armor for him :D

IIRC the showgirl after the extra SS would cost the same as a Guardian. Which could give him armor +4 or more depending on how his rule and shield wall work. (have to get book and rules to ask specific question later)

And I think I've found some nice ways around the whole (all) requirements of the shield wall to allow it to move around more than you think.

You drag Hoffman with another construct(drawn to metal) up to the max distance that the guardian can move by its rules (can't remember names right now) and then it still retains shield wall and gets moved around.

I'm super excited about Hoffman, but I don't have my Book 2 yet (on order) and I'm currently buried in other models I'm trying to paint and learn how to play.

I'm a robotics guy at heart, so I always tend toward the mechanical units in games like this. So Ramos interested me a little as I've been getting into the game the last 3 months, but when I saw Hoffman and the other new Guild Constructs in the book at GenCon, I about flipped out.

So I'm definitely looking forward to running some Brawls with him and Ramos, as then you could use the Coryphees. :)

IIRC the showgirl after the extra SS would cost the same as a Guardian. Which could give him armor +4 or more depending on how his rule and shield wall work. (have to get book and rules to ask specific question later)

And I think I've found some nice ways around the whole (all) requirements of the shield wall to allow it to move around more than you think.

You drag Hoffman with another construct(drawn to metal) up to the max distance that the guardian can move by its rules (can't remember names right now) and then it still retains shield wall and gets moved around.

But then Hoffman also gets a lure, paralyze and poison : )

Just a note, he can only hire arcanist constructs without smoldering or frozen heart. That said, think Joss or a Steamborg. And of course always think the Piecemaker... err, I mean Peacekeeper.

That means Mechanical Spiders of all types, the Steamborg, Joss, the Mine Digger thingie, and most important of all, the Mechanical Rider.

Yeehaw, C. Hoffman gets dragged along 10, assimilates Power Stage, and starts dishing out melee expert attacks like crazy. Or manual controls the Mech Rider for more attacks... with Crit Strike!

true, how terrifying it would it be? Hoffman's totem makes the Peacekeeper Ignore he faulty circuitry, and the peacekeeper double drags someone close and then Hoffman reactivates it and he tears the poor sap to pieces. Not to mention the "semi-free" walk that comes with Relentless. Allow Hoffman to run around the board with his Pet Peacekeeper ^.^

• 2 weeks later...

If you give a guardian slow so the hoff can get fast, and then still use its shield wall, also as the hoff likes beign close to loads of constructs, i was thinking two guardians and steam borg next to him, you pull hoff with the steam and uses its steam cloud to cover your guys wial you sheild wall and stuff with guardians

Personally I can’t want to get my hands on the Hoff. I was thinking about running him with his brother and get rid of that pesky not a friendly target thing and giving his gatling gun Cb 6. Not to mention his totem with a couple of watchers, peacekeeper, and a hunter. I love the idea of a mechanic army.

I'm right there with you, but I'm bringing a guardian to help keep him alive.

Personally I can’t want to get my hands on the Hoff. I was thinking about running him with his brother and get rid of that pesky not a friendly target thing and giving his gatling gun Cb 6. Not to mention his totem with a couple of watchers, peacekeeper, and a hunter. I love the idea of a mechanic army.

Haha..

Ironically you cannot get rid of Ryles 'Can't Connect' since you can only ignore talents on friendly constructs.

You -can- however still use Machine Puppet on Ryle as it doesn't specify that the construct must be friendly (could even be an enemy construct).