The Dreamer Strategy

Natty

Dreamer is Wp 8 and very low wounds. Going to stop giving out stats because I feel bad about doing it since not a lot of people have the book yet. Don't want to cheat Wyrd out of anything.

When you see their stats and their full details, you will understand more why everything is the way it is. Dreamer and his crew are fragile, but powerful. Stitched just happens to be really hard to finally put down and some what lethal.

Dreamer is Wp 8 and very low wounds. Going to stop giving out stats because I feel bad about doing it since not a lot of people have the book yet. Don't want to cheat Wyrd out of anything.

Wyrd actually posted The Dreamer and Lord Chompy Bit's cards a while back so their stats are all well known. I believe they are on the announcement boards.

The Dreamer has Wp 8 which is really nice, but Lord Chompy Bits has Wp 5.

That means that his Wp is low enough that the new Hamelin can make him take actions when he gets severe damage with pipes. Getting a (1) or Charge action with your opponents master is just mean!

Putting all your eggs into one basket, are you willing to do it? Because I'm not sure if I am. Has anyone played around with any other strats?

Yep Indeed I have its really a simple one and to me it seems cookie cutter, and that is one I have dubbed "The Alp Bomb" It has yet to be beaten :wink ! Dreamer goes and flies over to any enemy stragglers, or a big ol' cluster of your meanest "playmates" then proceed to check your hand for a mask because your gonna need that glorious :masks :masks Trigger to let loose all your friends! so drop five alps and Coppelous around your foes. if those guys attempt to activate the alps will force them to beat a WP test at a negative 4 flip or recieve slow and take five wounds, then next activation activate "Coppy" and cast sleep my friends and they take five more (assuming all goes to plan, it should) they crumble, then repeat the prosess.

Yep Indeed I have its really a simple one and to me it seems cookie cutter, and that is one I have dubbed "The Alp Bomb" It has yet to be beaten :wink ! Dreamer goes and flies over to any enemy stragglers, or a big ol' cluster of your meanest "playmates" then proceed to check your hand for a mask because your gonna need that glorious :masks :masks Trigger to let loose all your friends! so drop five alps and Coppelous around your foes. if those guys attempt to activate the alps will force them to beat a WP test at a negative 4 flip or recieve slow and take five wounds, then next activation activate "Coppy" and cast sleep my friends and they take five more (assuming all goes to plan, it should) they crumble, then repeat the prosess.

Wow, I may have to try this method out. In my opinion the one thing that makes the Dreamer such a fantastic master is the ability to just plop down your whole army surrounding your foe. It can be truly devastating even without setting up an Alp bomb. Coppelius is my new best friend, a true beast of a minion and worth every SS you pay for him. Though trying to figure out "Unexplained Connection" is driving me INSANE.

I have yet to try Alps, but will make a point to in my next game with the Dreamer.

Though trying to figure out "Unexplained Connection" is driving me INSANE.

Well, there's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_%28short_story%29

The Sandman, a story by ETA Hoffman featuring a lawyer named Coppelius who builds a construct woman with beautiful eyes (and when she loses them the protaganist goes insane). Also, it's interesting that the concept art for Coppelius (eye-eating insanity inducing monster) has him wearing a similar outfit to Lucius, the Guild henchman with an unidentified monstrous form and power over Hoffman's half-construct brother.

Edited by Satyrwyld

As I'm reading the book, The daydreams look more and more like a must have, at 1-2 if not three. The Dreamer's Spells can be cast TWICE by each Daydream, making for waves of nightmares that appear and then disappear once they've attacked. Also, the ability to move LCB with a push seems like a lifesaver.